Comments

• kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Haven't heard about that.
    Remember JS when he was a winkle pickered DJ
    in Leeds around 1959.

He put in a lot of hard work for charity and hospitals.
    Admireable.

Kath
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    this is so sad got a pic of him signed wrote to him on his radio show years ago he was great person even if did smoke cigars lol shame val
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh I havent heard this...we met him in Scarborough were he had a flat...lovely man...
    Love
    Barbara
  • PeterDC
    PeterDC Member Posts: 11
    Options
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    I came in from shopping this afternoon and my husband told me about it...I still havent heard anything else {apart from this} about it
    He was lovely
    Love
    Hileena
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I went to a funeral last year, it was a friend of my late Dad that had died. He was Jimmy Saville's best friend.. Was a tad surreal when he stood up to say a few words in his black shell suit and bright red strung vest on =-O
    Strange strange fella... Lol
    In fact, the fella that was Dad's mate was a little bit famous yrs ago, Dave Dalmour, him and his missus Marriane were folk singers in the sixties, had a few hits in the charts.. He was the one who first put two turn tables together for saville,.and the dj was born... Bet you didn't know you were gonna learn some drivvel today eh? Lol
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dingbat77
    dingbat77 Member Posts: 40
    Options
    I saw a documentary about him , a film crew spent a week with him , he was a strange individual ( kept all his mothers clothes in a wardrobe like a shrine) he came across as a rather lonely guy , even with his fame and I found it rather sad watching it , he died alone in his flat and never found love.

He was one of the good guys and I remember watching and listening to him as a child on Radio 1 and the Beeb. His knighthood was greatly deserved.

RIP you will never be forgotten,
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    aw that is sad....i hadn't heard this

juliepf x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    when I was growing up his Mum lived around the corner from us and we would see him every day going to see her in his Rolls Royce... He adored his Mum.
    Then when I was about seven my Mum worked at the lgi, I used to go with her quite a lot and her worked as a porter there a lot.. Saw him frequently..
    He was always very nice and friendly..
    There are some cruel rumours about his personal life that I hope aren't true but you just never know eh?

e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dingbat77
    Options
    julie47 wrote:
    aw that is sad....i hadn't heard this

juliepf x

It was Louis Theroux he spent time with him , as I said hard watching it as you got to realise ( when Jimmy let his mask slip) how lonely and sad he really was , all the hangers on and showbiz pals appeared to have deserted him. Obviously now he has died they are all on the news with their ill fitting wigs singing his praises for their 15mins of fame.

The Theroux interviews are on Youtube
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Sorry all but I'm with Del on this one . Didn't like him and found him slimy and creepy individual . Jillyb
  • dingbat77
    Options
    Know what you mean but from professional experience it's not usually the excentric weird "looking" ones you have to worry about ...............the recent events in Bristol show that !!