Still No Date :(

julie47
julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
edited 2. Nov 2011, 15:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Every one

and a big thank you for coming in my pocket today and for the support you gave me on my other thread.
Thank you elna for staring the other and to dd for giving you a brief update.

As dd told you the appointment really went quite well and the time keeping was great. The whole think took just one hour.

The surgeon is a very pleasant man but he didn't come across to me as confident as the first surgeon. (my daughter has suggested Mum...he will be just as good at his job, just not big headed)

He is happy to do this operation c4/c5 but the hospital he works in couldn't offer the secoond op which would be the odontoid fusion.

This I said I didn't expect anyway and would be willing to see my original surgeon for that. (another chapter so we will forget that for this year)

Anyway....dates.....He still couldn't give me a date but said it could be the veryend of november or the beginning of dec. (as long as its not the 1st as my tree goes up then :lol: )

I then asked about the flu jab which I postponed till the 11th nov (thinking that I would have been done and dusted in october)
He has told me to ring the surgery and see if I can have the jab sometime next week instead (bring it forward, sooner the better)

He then shook hands with me again and said I will see you soon (figure of speech I reckon)

The nurses were very helpful and the second nurse knowledgeable and told me the procedure when I am admitted.
I left him feeling confident that they would be able to help me.

So my dear friends.....waiting again.

I am just not going to worry now, I am tired of that......I am gonna get that jab....go to get my hair done and go shopping if I want (been trying to avoid peeps for fear of catching colds)
Then you never know, if I am not expecting it the letter/phonecall may just surprise me.

Thankyou for reading
I will let you know as soon I know anything. :smile:

Love Juliepf x

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Bless you Julie.. I think you've acted with such dignity and poise through the whole farce, no surprise though as you are a true lady :grin:
    Can I ask...?
    Does this mean that you will have to have yet another pre-op? I thought they only lasted two years? Maybe I'm wrong..

I hope I am..

I wish you all the best whenever it does happen :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    So glad appointment went well,hope you hear about op sooner rather than later.hugs Mig
  • nanasue
    nanasue Member Posts: 465
    Really pleased that this was such a positive appointment for you. As you say if you stop worrying about it now it will probably all fall into place. Get your flu jab, very important, get your hair done to give you a boost and start to enjoy getting ready for xmas. Good luck, hope the date comes soon,

Sue x
  • julie47
    Thankyou, tony,mig and sue I also hope that I am not waiting long :grin:

Tony...I hope I don't have to have another pre op :eek: :lol:
    A secretary told me pre ops last 3months that was why i needed the last one on the 5th october...my 1st one was done on 23 june and ran out on 23 sept.

Love Juliepf x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    julie get that tree up early and sort christmas ready as got feeling you going to be in before christmas and so good luck and do hope you get sorted quick.
    will be in your pocket when ever needed val
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Julie
    Aww you do sound more confident, and thats good, I do hope you get the date very soon..I really do, and like you say worry about the rest when the times comes.
    Wishing you well with everything xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Dear Julie :grin:

At least you have met the surgeon even if he could not give you a date. I have a feeling it will not be too long now as you have had the pre op assessment. I agree, carry on with your life and you will hear when they have a date for you. Just don't let them forget you - as these things do happen. :roll: You will be given some notice so you will be able to put the tree up all ready before you go in if you have not already done it.

I hope the rest of your weekend went well, we had a lovely, warm sunny day yesterday so I was in the garden, mowing the lawn with our hand mower, which what I use now, since I break electric ones by mowing over stones. :roll:

Today was nowhere near as bright but had SIL and BIL over for a couple of hours so had a few laughs. I did a roast dinner tonight, the first one for ages. Neighbour brought in a homemade apple crumble for us as we had given her two lots of leeks from the allotment, so pud was caqtered for. :grin: Yesterday I made lots of soup so freezer is totally crammed to the gills now.

I do hope your week goes well,

Love
    Elna x((()))
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • julie47
    Val barbara and elna, thank you for your kind words.

Val, might just put the tree up next week :lol: ...Kidding :lol:

Barbara yes, I think I am now a little more laid back now, anxiety just isn't good for me, (wish I had realized 20 weeks ago :lol::lol: )

Elna, you are doing so very very well, I hope I don't let the side down after my op :lol:
    Pushing a mower is not easy....well done you :grin:

I have brought my flu jab forward, it will be done on thursday. That is the earliest and I think I was squeezed in at that.

Have a good day everyone
    Love Juliepf x
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Hi Julie..

Sorry i missed your appointment, but sounds like it kind of went ok..
    I think you should carry on as you suggested getting hair done etc..
    The phone will ring or the letter will arrive soon without you even thinking about it... nothing worse than hanging on waiting.. drives me mad..
    Lets hope it sooner rather than later so that you are feeling ok for christmas..xxx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Julie, this is definitely the one. You'll have the op sooner rather than later and all will be well. You'll then come home to a great Christmas. I have ordered all this specially for you and it will happen so better start practising with your bedpan routine and remember to make them keep the buzzer where you can actually get hold of it. Take care.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tiggernut
    tiggernut Member Posts: 339
    Hi Julie,

Glad the appointment went well. I hope you won't have to wait to long.
    Take care,
    Anita.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'm still willing them to send you an early appointment. Or, would you like me to bring Mr SW down with his drill and toolbox. I'm sure between them he and you good fellow could have a bit of fun.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Julie

fantastic appointment girl :grin:

I hope he gives you enough time for the flu jab, the hair do buy a few books for your kindle....

then it can be the day after that :wink:

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Glad the appointment went OK Julie.

Hope you get your op soon..

Marion xx