blood pressure meds

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 30. Oct 2011, 10:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
ok when do you take yours, doc told me to take at night which often leads to at least one night visit for wee took during evening while on hol at took with eavening meal caused real prob as had to keep going in bars while out for evening stroll :oops: so took just before bed lol as was on suit but here have to go down stairs not so easy on bad night lol val
val

Comments

• nanasue
    nanasue Member Posts: 465
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Val
    I've been on them for nearly ten years and always taken them in morning after breakfast, but I still pee at night, I think with me it's an age thing. Hope you get on ok.

Sue x
  • valval
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    My GP told me morning is better and that suits me fine. I take it you have the additional water tablet Val hence the need to pee in the night.

not seperate tab and did not even think about it till was away and had such an affect it hard finding toilets to use with out having to drink and go again used to make steve have a pint so i could go lol
    val
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    I've taken my blood pressure/water tablets with breakfast for years and find it is easier to cope with extra wees during the daytime . I still need to get up once or twice most nights as well ; but I am exceedingly old ! Jillyb
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hi Val

I thought they were for the morning too!

I get up in the night anyway like Jillyb1 :shock: They better never give me any :???:

Love

Toni xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Morning.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Don't take them val, or water tablets but I still get up for loo in the night :roll:

I think If I did take them it would be morning, much easier to remember.

Juliepf x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Val Im not on them...well not yet..buts its heading that way..my cousin takes them in the morning..I know this because I looked after him when he wasn't well.
    Love
    Barbara
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    I take mine in the morning, I wouldn't have thought there was a connection. You never know though!!
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    :lol: I decided to google it and one article said it does not matter when you take it as long as it is roughly the same time every day.

Another article said "Taking blood pressure medications at bedtime instead of in the morning reduces the risk of a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems by about two-thirds, Spanish researchers reported.

The new study adds to a growing body of research that suggests blood pressure medication is more effective when taken before going to sleep instead of upon awakening. But the researchers caution that no one should switch from morning to bedtime dosing without first consulting a doctor and having his or her blood pressure monitored over a 24-hour period. "

Interesting. :smile:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • valval
    Options
    my doc said to take them then incase they caused dizzyness she said this way would sleep through it lol
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I have always done mine in the morning and will continue so to do. I have a dim recollection that my leaflet for my Ramopril says that too - I will check later. Nocturnal micturation (overnight widdling) is a law unto itself. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben