Cracked rib now!!

Options
cloud9
cloud9 Member Posts: 385
edited 31. Oct 2011, 13:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
I leaned over the arm of the sofa and heard it :sad: Phoned G.P. cos not being able to bear weight on my foot I'm having to use my upper body an awful lot and it is sooooooooo painful. Going up and down stairs on my bum and getting in/out bath. She wants to send me for bone density scan nowas she thinks I may have osteoporosis. Think I'm falling apart!!!
Sue (Cloud9)

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Cracking a rib by leaning over sounds frighteningly like that cloud9. Oh no, oh dear, please be careful with yourself until someone can check you over. Were you aware of this being a potential problem? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    OUCH that sounds painfull Sue , hope you dont have to wait to long to know whats what , please be carefull in the meantime x
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Ouch...

Must be awful..
    Take it easy and i hope you feel better soon, don't be moving about too much..xxx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • cloud9
    Options
    No I didn't realise that I was such a high risk for osteoporosis. I started the menopause at the age of 38 which is apparently quite a sure sign. I've also broken ribs before, not quite as easily as this one but just as painful. It even hurts to breathe! LOL. Thanks all for your concerns. I'm taking max painkillers now but doesn't seem to be touching it!
    Sue (Cloud9)
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Aw,Sue, I am so sorry. You do definitely need to get checked out. At least something can be done about it.

Yep, starting the menopause early can definitely be a pointer towards osteopororis.

Chin up,

Very fluffy hugs to you
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    ouch cloud you poor thing

I once had a fractured rib and that was soooo painful so I can Imagine what pain you are in.

Sending gentle hugs (((((((((()))))))))) and hope that you recover soon

Love Juliepf x
  • cloud9
    Options
    Thankyou. You're all so kind xxx
    Sue (Cloud9)