Finally getting my ankle injection.

Options
tiggernut
tiggernut Member Posts: 339
edited 4. Nov 2011, 07:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
Some of you may remember back in May I mentioined having a steriod injectioin whilst under anethetic. (don't ask me why I have to be asleep!)
Well I need to go to the Nuffield Orthopedic Hospital in Oxford and I finally got an appointment for Dec it came through 8 weeks ago and I've been waiting all this time for them to decide whether I could go at a later time as they wanted me there at 7.30 am and I live in the Isle of Wight!! After 3 phone calls during this time, I eventually got a letter saying they changed my appointment to 29th Nov and the time I was to be there was 7am!! I couldn't believe it.
Anyway I rang them and they said "oh it's okay I have a note here to say you can come at 10am"
Can you believe it's taken 8 weeks.
Anyway after all this time let's hope it works!!

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Anita

Yes, I do remember you telling us about your 7.30 am appointment in Oxford when you live on the IOW. :lol: :roll: It must be some kind of joke/nightmare, giving you an earlier date and an even earlier appointment of 7.00a.m after your phone calls.

Getting there by 10.00 am is pushing it a little, isn't it? I hope for their sakes that when you do arrive the steroid injection goes ahead as planned or someone will blow a gasket.

I wish you all the best with that. Oxford is quite a nice place but probably after a steroid injection you are meant to rest?

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • Rhyscous
    Rhyscous Member Posts: 50
    Options
    Glad you've finally got what you wanted! i dont mean to be a Killjoy but please dont get your hopes up to much, some people have superb results whereas others like myself it may have no effect at all on. I really hope it goes well for you!

Rhys xx
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Good luck and i hope it all goes well..x
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Good luck Anita,, I hope the injection works for you,

I have everything crossed that the day goes well and to schedule.

Love Juliepf x
  • tiggernut
    Options
    Hi Thanks for your replies.
    Elna, Yes 10am is still pushing it I will have to catch the 7am ferry.
    The worse thing is for my hubby who will have to take me cos of the anethetic I won't be able to drive home. Not sure what he will do all day as wandering round the shops is a definate no no!! I'm hoping I won't be at the end of the day, but knowing my luck!!

Rhys, I have had steriod injectiions before and they have in the past worked well.
    I have a total ankle replacement in this ankle so it's apparently going in under that into the sub talar joint. They will be doing it whilts xraying so they get it in the right place!! I will be extremly dissapointed if it doesn't work after all this hassle!
    Mind you I still have to ring the day before to confirm!!
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Anita

Hubby could do the tour of oxford in an open top bus, hopping off and on when and wherever. :lol: You will not be out for that long - I have had injections via xray direction and been put to sleep for it.

:grin: Best to call the day before to confirm, all you need is for you both to get there and they say "what injections?..... Your name is not on the list!" :lol: Just let them try that, I can hear you say. :lol:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options
    Fantastic Anita

great news and my fingers will be crossed for you :smile:

Love

Toni xx
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Hi Anita
    Good to hear from you again.Hope all goes well on the day.Will be thinking of you.Assuming the ankle replacement is giving you no problems (had mine done 5 months ago now!).
    Regards
    Ron x
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • tiggernut
    Options
    Hi Elna,
    Oh yeah let them try that alright lol!
    My hubby wouldn't know how to board a bus lol! Seriously he wouldn't want to do that on his own. I'm hoping he will at least go off to the resturant and get some lunch!
    How long after you come round did they let you go home?

Hi Ron,
    How are you doing?
    How's your ankle are you glad you had it done?
    My consultant assures me the ankle replacement is fine!!
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Anita

glad its come through at last and hope it will work really well. fingers crossed for you. Cris x
  • tiggernut
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Anita

glad its come through at last and hope it will work really well. fingers crossed for you. Cris x

Thanks Cris. x
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    tiggernut wrote:
    Hi Elna,
    Oh yeah let them try that alright lol!
    My hubby wouldn't know how to board a bus lol! Seriously he wouldn't want to do that on his own. I'm hoping he will at least go off to the resturant and get some lunch!
    How long after you come round did they let you go home?

Hi Ron,
    How are you doing?
    How's your ankle are you glad you had it done?
    My consultant assures me the ankle replacement is fine!!

Hi Anita
    So glad the ankle is fine,so encouraging to us 'newbies'.
    Glad I had it done,no real choice really,could only walk a few yards without having to hold on to something!!
    Still using a stick for slight support when walking a long distance.Have been walking 3 or more miles some weeks,this has been curtailed now back at work (having been off 5 months)!
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)