Seen it all now!

joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 10,319
edited 5. Nov 2011, 06:57 in Community Chit-chat archive
Two boys of about 10 came to the door trick or treating tonight. One boy was in a wheelchair being pushed by the other, and both were dressed vaguely as Dracula. I've never seen them in the neighborhood before. I offered them sweets, but they turned them down and asked quite forcefully for money instead. As I was alone in the house, I didn't want to argue, so gave them some money and quickly shut the door. They didn't say thank you.

I was a bit suspicious of them, so went upstairs and watched them leave from behind the curtains. To my amazement, as soon as they got to the end of my drive, the boy in the wheelchair suddenly stood up and walked quickly on up the road. Then I saw that as soon as they got to another house, back in the wheelchair he went before they rang the bell. :shock:

He didn't look at all disabled, so I assume that they were using the wheelchair to gain sympathy ( and money ) from people. I think I've seen it all now :roll: :shock:

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    That is absolutely disgusting, Joan. What is the world coming to??

    Nxx
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    How shocking joan..

    I had to get my son to put a sign on the door this year as i was unable to keep getting up to answer the door, but still didn't stop the olders kids knocking on the door, in the end OH had a few words to say to them lol..x
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,558
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    They will go far in our current educational/employment/social culture, of that I have no doubt. I can understand your fear of them, Joan, believe you me, but they came out the victors. I answered the door last night to three lads, younger than your two - 'unluckily' for them I was holding a large piece of raw liver - they bolted. :grin: Always be preparing liver on Hallowe'en! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    They will go far in our current educational/employment/social culture, of that I have no doubt. I can understand your fear of them, Joan, believe you me, but they came out the victors. I answered the door last night to three lads, younger than your two - 'unluckily' for them I was holding a large piece of raw liver - they bolted. :grin: Always be preparing liver on Hallowe'en! DD

    Lol :lol: They probably saw the liver and thought you were a witch boiling up a spell lol..It done the trick though..x
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    traluvie wrote:
    How shocking joan..

    I had to get my son to put a sign on the door this year as i was unable to keep getting up to answer the door, but still didn't stop the olders kids knocking on the door, in the end OH had a few words to say to them lol..x




    me to Tracy as my 16 year old doesnt like to open the doors for them, so i said put a note up... we had 1 group but they were friends so we gave the kids money i didnt get anything for the,,,... oooops my bad!
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,142
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Joan that was terrible, and sorry that you felt threatened by the sods. Shame that you were on your own.

    I hope the chair ran over a small stone that got stuck and tipped the boy out.
    Would serve him right.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Probably be hung over this morning from the cheap booze and **** they bought last night with their ill gotten gains..
    Need a slap...
    Hope you are alright Joan.... DD, the liver is a great idea, especially if accompanied with large bloodied knife.. And get your OH to scream when you open the door,oooh, a blood soaked pinny too.. Lol
    We carved two pumpkins last night me and Chris, we had a bucket full of sweets, the site seems full to capacity but nobody around. Oh well, we enjoyed looking at the pumpkins, and will be forced to ready the sweets, shucks.
    http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd427/TJT6768/1320095249-picsay.jpg
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sorry for being so personal ; but had to congratulate , Tony , on his impressive pumpkins ! Jillyb
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sadly that doesnt suprise me Joan, it makes me feel sick, but also it gives every other youngster out innocently trick or treating a bad name.
    I had a Halloween party for 12 of the little ones I used to childmind, it was arranged ages ago and I assumed I'd be recovered after the shoulder op...what an eejit :lol: anyway, the kids ranged from 18 months-11yrs, they were all in fancy dress, the baby Florence was in a pumpkin babygro and mum had painted her face bright orange to match! A fantastic time was had by all, even though when it was my turn to 'apple bob' young Clara (dressed as Dorothy from wizard of Oz!) attempted to drown me as she tried to wash my hair at the same time :lol: The parents were there too dressed up and it was lovely, every time the door rang (10 times) I opened it holding a bucket of sweets and Clara held a bucket with 'Arthritis Care' written on the side, we gave out sweets to trick or treaters but asked for a donation from them too! We had 1 or 2 people ask us were we serious but they all paid up, even if it was only 10p it's something. We made (including donations from my childminder parents) £47 all going to AC :grin:
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Poppyg1rl wrote:
    Sadly that doesnt suprise me Joan, it makes me feel sick, but also it gives every other youngster out innocently trick or treating a bad name.
    I had a Halloween party for 12 of the little ones I used to childmind, it was arranged ages ago and I assumed I'd be recovered after the shoulder op...what an eejit :lol: anyway, the kids ranged from 18 months-11yrs, they were all in fancy dress, the baby Florence was in a pumpkin babygro and mum had painted her face bright orange to match! A fantastic time was had by all, even though when it was my turn to 'apple bob' young Clara (dressed as Dorothy from wizard of Oz!) attempted to drown me as she tried to wash my hair at the same time :lol: The parents were there too dressed up and it was lovely, every time the door rang (10 times) I opened it holding a bucket of sweets and Clara held a bucket with 'Arthritis Care' written on the side, we gave out sweets to trick or treaters but asked for a donation from them too! We had 1 or 2 people ask us were we serious but they all paid up, even if it was only 10p it's something. We made (including donations from my childminder parents) £47 all going to AC :grin:


    What a lovely idea poppy and very thoughtful..
    Hope you are on the mend..xx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,427
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I have a high pressure Super Soaker water pistol to take to the door with me, I only had one group round, next doors 5 year old with his Super Soaker.....

    Can't win them all!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,558
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Ooooooh Tony! Pumpkinlicious! I was disappointed that my two lads bolted before I could tell 'em that that was all that was left of my previous callers. :sad:

    I reckon Poppy has it right - if that is what you want to to then do it, but there are too many now who use it as an opportunity to scare/menace the more vulnerable members of our society and that is utterly disgraceful. There seems to be a general breakdown in the respect for 'traditions': as soon as Boxing Day has gone the Easter Eggs are in the shop, people erect Christmas trees in mid-November, the fireworks are already banging around here (some obviously have money to burn), this sort of thing gets on my nerves. Sell fireworks for one day only, ie 5th November. Easter Eggs in the shops a week before Easter. Christmas cards etc on sale not before 15 November - mince pies etc only from 1st December. I am off to grump downstairs and get ready for work. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Why thank you Jilly :oops: :lol:
    And DD too :grin:
    The Frankenstein one was sooooooo effective.. We downloaded stencils from a website.
    I can't believe nobody was around to see them :cry::lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP