Stopping Enbrel for an Op

illihor
illihor Member Posts: 283
edited 8. Nov 2011, 13:33 in My child has arthritis
Just in case anyone else goes through this but got told yesterday that if your child is having an op (not steroid injections) then they are to stop taking enbrel for two weeks prior.

Kayleigh was supposed to have her adenoids out and grommets in today but happened to bump into her consultant yesterday when we picked up her new shoes who said I hope she's stopped her meds. Come again was my reply. Never mind the fact that 3 weeks ago we saw her grrrr and nothing was mentioned.

So she called up Bristol who said no she can't have her op so it got cancelled so going to have to wait all over again and gear her up again :(

Hope no one else needs an op but if they do please bare this in mind don't want anyone else going through what we just did :(

Michelle

Comments

• BikerAngel
    BikerAngel Member Posts: 122
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    awe thats not good I hope you don't have to wait too long for another appointment and all goes well for her x
    Tracey
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Oh Michelle, that was indeed a bad error on behalf of the medics, not to let you know that in advance of the operation. I am so sorry that has happened.

Poor Kayleigh too as she was probably geared up as much as possible for this op. Aw, what a terrible let down for you both.

It is so kind of you to let others know about this.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Michelle, I am sorry to hear this, it must have added to your anxiety. I hope the new date comes through quickly.

Have you thought of making a complaint?? Surely they should have thought of these things, it is a childs welfare at stake.

Thinking of you.