At What Age....?

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
edited 11. Nov 2011, 13:00 in Community Chit-chat archive
....do we stop having to jump up and down because we're so happy?

Don't get me wrong. My joints would hate it if I still had to. But I've just been skyping with my 2 yr old grandson. He and his Dad were making orange, playdough pumpkins with smiley faces and every time my son asked if he wanted to make another, the little fellow had to jump up and down several times he was laughing so much as he cried "Yes please, Daddy."

I think I'm envious. So much joy. So simply achieved.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That's the lovely thing about children, Sticky; they are never afraid to show their emotions, which we adults often learn to hide.

Having taught young children for many years, I have seen that moment of sheer joy and happiness in the simple things of life hundreds of times. Indeed, it is one of the rewards of teaching, especially when the child experiences the joy of learning something new. Sadly, it sometimes disappears when they reach the teenage stage and they become more self-conscious. Then showing too much of your emotions isn't considered the cool thing to do. :roll:

I think we should all try to keep in touch with our inner child, and to recapture that sense of wonder which we are all born with. We might not be able to physically jump up and down with joy ( although I have been known to :lol: ) but we can still do it mentally if we try. :grin:

n015.gif

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Oh sticky to be able to lift both feet off the ground at the same time and raise ones arms must be wonderful. :grin:

If I could jump up and down at the age of 48 I would.
    Instead I just hold the joy stick in one position on my chair and spin round now :lol:

Juliepf x
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    julie47 wrote:
    Instead I just hold the joy stick in one position on my chair and spin round now :lol:

Juliepf x

Sounds like fun to me julie..

My version of jumping up and down excited is when i am sat in bed or chair and i bounce with my bum , but even that hurts me hips now lol.. Have raised my sticks in the air in excitement and nearly knocked my partner out lol... :lol:

The best feeling in the world for me is seeing kids happy.. i love to see the excitement and joy in there eyes, really is precious..xx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Sticky
    I adore the enthusiasm of children....when I walk past a nearby school I could stand all day listening to them
    Has for the jumping up and down...well I am soon pleased...but the legs dont like jumping...but if I could I would.... :lol::grin: oh Im a poet and didnt know it.. :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • cloud9
    cloud9 Member Posts: 385
    Options
    One of the most beautiful sounds in the world is my grandsons giggle! It will NEVER fail to make me laugh out loud.
    :grin::lol:
    Sue (Cloud9)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    julie47 wrote:
    Oh sticky to be able to lift both feet off the ground at the same time and raise ones arms must be wonderful. :grin:

If I could jump up and down at the age of 48 I would.

Juliepf x

m04126.gifGotcha Julie!
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    My 17month old grandson was laughing his head off today, we were 'driving' with the round placemats at the lunchtime dinning table, 5 mins of madness and laughter!