Back to Square One!

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 9. Nov 2011, 07:52 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well I went to the doctors to sort out my meds for the bacteria the hospital said was found in my stomach after gastroscopy. And the doctor looked at the report and turned to me and said the report says it isn't the bacteria it has come up negative for that. My jaw dropped open after being told I had it at the hospital and thinking we had a name for my tummy trouble. The doctor said they are waiting on to more biopsy results and hopefully something will be found on them until that I have been given the most revolting medicine in the world to take to help with the stomach swelling. So it looks like it's back to the drawing board to find out what's causing these stomach cramps and swelling. Feel so down after thinking we had found a name and now to having a clue still. bubbadog/Amanda.

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that you are having such nasty stomach problems, Amanda. It's strange that the hospital didn't give you the right information, and the medicine sounds horrible. I hope that you will get some answers about it soon.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Amanda

I am sorry that you had a real disappointment when at the gps today. The hospital it would appear gave you wrong information. It seems quite a time since you went for the procedure. It can take a time when examining biopsies in the lab, though, can't it? I do hope that you do not have to wait too long. Sometimes that is the worst part.

Hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Amanda...

Eventually they will get there, maybe we can give them a gentle kick up the backside lol...
    Hopefully it won't take too long luvie..
    Fingers crossed you get some comfort soon...xx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Hi Amanda

oh pants :sad:

l do hope that at least your yukky yukky medicine does help a wee bit???

Love

Toni xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    The medicine doesn't help at all, gone back to old school treatment!! Using the good old hot beanie!! putting it against my tummy. It does help alittle and then I get comfortable and read to take my mind off the pain. I'm currently reading The twilight saga new moon by Stephanie Meyer. They are more indepth than the movies, a real page turner can't put it down already read the 1st one Twilight read it in one day in hospital! Got the next one already!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Amanda
    There was you being able to put a mane to it,honestly some of these consultants havent a clue..Im sure they come up with the first thing that enters there head.
    I do hope you get a proper diagnosis very soon, then you can get some proper treatment.
    Love
    Barbara