sheffield

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 8. Nov 2011, 10:32 in Community Chit-chat archive
right off to sheffield tomorrow to get some more presents hope it not to busy lol val
val

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Are you going to Meadowhall, Val :?: It's always fairly busy there like all big shopping centres, but hopefully it won't be too bad.

When I was young ( long before Meadowhall was built ) a trip to Sheffield was a big treat. There were some very smart department stores which have all disappeared now, but it's much the same everywhere.

I hope that you have a good shopping session tomorrow, but don't overdo it (says she who shopped till I dropped the other day :roll: )
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Val can I give you my list...its only short honest...you have a good time...with breaks in between for coffee... :smile:
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    Options
    staying away from meadow hell if at all possible there still some lovely big department stores there so fingers crossed will get most of what i need will rest often or will run out of energy before reach home and that would never do lol
    val
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    Is Sheffield still a maze of one way streets Our son was at Uni there You could see where you wanted to get to but finding it in the car Impossible!!
  • valval
    Options
    tonesp wrote:
    Is Sheffield still a maze of one way streets Our son was at Uni there You could see where you wanted to get to but finding it in the car Impossible!!

do not drive but yes i think it is you need to know where you need to get or it horrid especially near the uni
    val
  • valval
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Sheffield, I went there once..not impressed ..it was closed :sad:
    never has been when i have been it a lovely place these days
    val
  • joanlawson
    Options
    valval wrote:
    rehab44 wrote:
    Sheffield, I went there once..not impressed ..it was closed :sad:
    never has been when i have been it a lovely place these days

I won't have a word said against Sheffield :!: ( these Brummies, what do they know :roll: )

Sheffield City Hall- the haunt of my teenage years at dances and concerts :grin:
    Happy days :!: :grin:
  • valval
    Options
    would like it better if it was not raining lol but needs must and perhaps most other fokes will stay home lol val
    val
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Didn't you know Rehab, Sheffield closed because the powers that be knew you were on your way and didn't want you in! :wink:

Janie
  • joanlawson
    Options
    janie68 wrote:
    Didn't you know Rehab, Sheffield closed because the powers that be knew you were on your way and didn't want you in! :wink:

Janie

On the contrary, we natives of South Yorkshire would always welcome Rehab.
    We know a good thing when we see it :grin::wink:
  • valval
    Options
    well went it was open got some great boots for when it cold. was proud of my self going on my own not done it much since got arther as always get exhausted and can not carry much either but got there got shoping and got home :grin::grin::grin: with no mishaps. val
    val
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Good for you, Val :!: I'm glad that your shopping trip went well :grin:
  • valval
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Good for you, Val :!: I'm glad that your shopping trip went well :grin:
    must admit kept it short as when start to tire it quick to exhaustion but was lovely such a feeling of achievement
    val