In from the cold

Options
noeltone
noeltone Member Posts: 878
edited 5. Dec 2011, 05:56 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi all I have just come in from the cold I have been out for the nigth and coming home across the marshes I saw a lovely ghostly white barn owl this is the first one Ive seen for a while in this area although someone said a captive bred barn owl has been released on the marshes. I saw some fieldfres, redwings and s skin today all winter visitors as well as many goldfinches. I take great pleasure in bird watching as it helps to forget my arthur does anyone else find this pastime helps them/ :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Colour shading in Threads/post is sometimes difficult for AC forum members to read. Moderator x

Comments

• jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Welcome back noeltone. It is good to see you. We have lots of woodland birds in our garden, and they are wonderful to watch.

Jean123
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Chrisov, it's great to see you back :!: :grin: I hope that you are well.

How lovely to see a snowy white barn owl across the marshes. That must have been a beautiful sight. :grin:

You are right that pastimes like bird-watching can help to take your mind off arthur. An appreciation of nature in general lifts the spirit, I believe.

I find a similar delight in art. When I get involved in painting, time seems to stand still, and I don't notice any aches or pains for a while.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Chrisov

Good to see you on the forum. It has been a long time. You have been missed. I hope you will stay at least for a while. :smile:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Hi Noeltone
    Both OH and myself regularly go down to the Swale/Thames marshes in Kent,just down the road from where we live.
    There is a beautiful walk bordering the Swale Estuary and Faversham Creek and is full of birds being a very important feeding ground for migratory birds.Also lots of other wildlife,including seals!
    The range of birds varies so much,earlier there were numerous Black Tailed Godwits,Avocets,Oyster Catchers,Egrets,Cormorants etc,etc.Last visit there were now lots of Lapwings and Greylag Geese.
    The walks are so relaxing,you meet friendly like-minded people and doesn't cost a penny!
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Hello Chrisov!!!

really good to see you!

Hope you are well? Clearly enjoying your bird-watching l see :grin:

I have been getting 'distracted' too- been on one of A/C's challenge your condition course here in the Midlands.

Love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Chrisov
    How lucky are you, the marshes at night must be so mystical.....take a camera next time
    And its good to have you back.... :grin:
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Chrisov, my garden is full of nature and especially birds so I do have my bicnoculars ready and a bird book my late dad got me and do abit of bird watching. We have alot of birds because we have alot of hawthorn bushes in our front and back garden and birds love to nest in them and also get alot of food from the berries.
    I'm also an avid reader, there's nothing more relaxing than getting snuggley and reading a book. I have a large cupboard full of books I've read and I have a large pile in the spare room that I have recently brought that I have still to read through the winter and into summer!
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Options
    Hi all some great birds you have seen and its nice to hear from you all. Plenty of redwings, fieldfares flocks of finches on and over the marshes and have had bullfinch and green woodpecker at bottom of garden now waiting for the tawney to hoot I do take photos also nice hobby went to go out today but its tyoo damn cold brrrrr will do some reading instead. Chrisov
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Chrisov

Nice to see you popping in again. :grin: I don't blame you for staying in today. I guess that it's very cold out on the marshes.

I thought this picture might amuse you. It's a snowy owl on the lookout for you :grin:

th_snowy-owl.gif

All the best
    Joan :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif