job advice needed.

Airwave!
Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
I'm in a quandry, pension is losing its spending power so I need to find a part time job, with more arther problems now than when I stopped working. I haven't worked full time for 7 years or part time for 3 years.

Do the job centers give help without you signing on?

Comments

• scozzie
    scozzie Member Posts: 333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sorry to hear you're having to contemplate returning to work. I believe the Job Centre does give the advice you're seeking.

Good luck.

Scozzie
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    not sure about job center depends on which one ours is usless but sure others much better. try job center on line to look for jobs easyer than keep going into town good luck val
    val
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    I have found out that the Job Centre will only help if you are receiving state benefits, so back to square one.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    if you go on job center on line you will see what available in your area i do shop work only 4 hours a day which i can manage do not do lolly pop person as the pole freezes in cold weather not good for arther in hands lol
    val
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Airwave,
    have you considered approaching local job/employment agencies? If you go through with them the sort of work you're looking for, hours and pattern of hours they may well be able to help you.
    Good luck with the job search, hope it goes well.
    Grace
    Turn a negative into a positive!