Julie Walters... underated actress

Options
alanthemanc
alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
edited 11. Nov 2011, 08:32 in Community Chit-chat archive
Just been watching her in The Jury, and she's very good. I wouldn't mind her defending me if I commited 3 murders ( which I haven't).
Do you think sh'es any good. Alanthemanc

Comments

• alanthemanc
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Rehab
    I know you really rate her, the way she's defending this guy, he's gonna walk free. Alanthemanc
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    Rehab
    Ha, Ha, like it. She went to Manchester Uni. never recovered properly, but I always thought she was a Scouser, but talks with a Birmingham accent somehow, very strange. I still rate her though . Alanthemanc
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    Rehab
    No.No.... now if it was Kate Bush ( same age I think ), I might have a problem. I still rate Julie Walters, haha, gonna watch her tommorow and see if she keeps the same standard. Off to watcha few Kate Bush videos :lol::lol: on You Tube, ALanthemanc
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    I think she's a very talented actress in both comedy and serious roles.

Who could forget her as Mrs. Overall in Acorn Antiques, or in Two Soups :?:
    Classic comedy :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6aYLOf8CUQ
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Alan
    I think she is a fantastic actress...she lends herself to so many parts....a brilliant comedienne.....but the tv drama were she took the part of a lady that was dying...was amazing...she had so many roles...and I think her first appearance was in boys from the black stuff..
    Love
    Barbara
  • mari50
    mari50 Member Posts: 27
    Options
    Julie Roberts is definately unrated. I shall watch The Jury when I can as I am completely shattered by 9.00 and go to bed. Her role in Ladies in Lavender is really good and like has been commented before she is good in comedy and serious films. (Why do I always want to type in text form?)
    Marilyn
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Rehab
    No.No.... now if it was Kate Bush ( same age I think ), I might have a problem. I still rate Julie Walters, haha, gonna watch her tommorow and see if she keeps the same standard. Off to watcha few Kate Bush videos :lol::lol: on You Tube, ALanthemanc

Hi Alan
    Just picked up your post,sitting here in my office listening to the 'Directors Cut' CD (things are quiet here this time of year!).Can't wait for her new CD '50 Words For Snow' out 21st this month............ :grin:

Have been great fan since she first appeared (have signed photo).Still think she's great and totally unique.Wished they would release her videos on blue ray (or even DVD),have all her videos (as well as her CDs) but nothing to play them on.

Watch her on You Tube,but bit of a compromise.
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    Prefabkid
    I think she went to Manchester Polly with Bernard Hill ( I think ) who was brought up in Blackley, Manchester, not far from myself. He deserved a Bafta or whatever for that performance in Boys From The Blackstuff.
    Hope she reaches the same standard tonight, and by Friday she should be in full swing. Alanthemanc
  • prefabkid47
    Options
    Prefabkid
    I think she went to Manchester Polly with Bernard Hill ( I think ) who was brought up in Blackley, Manchester, not far from myself. He deserved a Bafta or whatever for that performance in Boys From The Blackstuff.
    Hope she reaches the same standard tonight, and by Friday she should be in full swing. Alanthemanc

I was of course talking about Kate Bush..................... :grin:
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    prefabkid
    I've always thought Kate was a genius,, and consider The Man With The Child In His Eyes, the greatest song written in the last 30 years. If you go on You Tube, there was a rare film of Kate on an American chat show, she sits cross legged on a Grand Piano, and when she finnishes T.M.W.T.C I.H.E., the Americans in the audience gulp, look at each other,
    there's a split second of silence, and a ripple of aplause.
    They didn't recognise what they were watching...... greatness.Alanthemanc
  • prefabkid47
    Options
    prefabkid
    I've always thought Kate was a genius,, and consider The Man With The Child In His Eyes, the greatest song written in the last 30 years. If you go on You Tube, there was a rare film of Kate on an American chat show, she sits cross legged on a Grand Piano, and when she finnishes T.M.W.T.C I.H.E., the Americans in the audience gulp, look at each other,
    there's a split second of silence, and a ripple of aplause.
    They didn't recognise what they were watching...... greatness.Alanthemanc

Will look that one up when get back home,security system on company PCs blocks access to You Tube.
    I've tried many times to choose my favourite track,but where do you start.................. :???:
    Genius is one word to describe her,could think of many other adjectives!!