Options
    We always do Del...its the least we can do for them
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    i will always do they gave the greatest gift that can be given we need to make sure it was not in-vane val
    val
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Always observe the 2 minutes silence (if anyone walks into my office I ignore them,they soon get the message).
    Also wear my poppy with pride,but what is it with some of these celebs on TV with these oversize glittery versions,thought it was a symbol of remembrance not a piece of bling.
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • cloud9
    cloud9 Member Posts: 385
    Options
    Remember today and every day. Thankyou for the bravery and thankyou for our freedom.
    Sue (Cloud9)
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Always support the troops after all their the ones with real moral fibre and it's this that our politicians are always quick to pick on and use, also I see on Sky news their saying the MOD is planning to make 2500 injured soldiers redundant it's being denied but they also said they are looking at all options to save money, sounds like it's not ruled out so this rumour is probably true, all be it a tad embarrassing, but before they even entertain doing this why not get some of the money they've happily handed out to the bankers who are still living the high life at our expense back.
    With CEO's pay going up by an average of 50% this year there's plenty of scope to stop these people filling their pockets so brazenly, we need to stop the loop holes that allows such uninhibited greed to still flourish while we all get put on half rations or worse maimed by IED's while carrying out the dirty work of the cowards in charge who are more than happy to send our troops into a danger zone without the proper kit and on a fools errand to boot, after all were the ones who are paying for these sharks to get even fatter in such turbulent times while we watche our kids getting burdened with massive debts on one hand and no chance of a job on the other.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    The following is a copy of a letter sent to my great grandfather
    To Mr Jermiah Madden

Sir,
    I have the honour to inform you that the King has heard with much interest that you have at the present moment seven sons in the army.
    I am commanded to express to you his majesty the kings congratulations and to assure you that his majesty much appreciate the spirit of patriotism which prompted this example by one family of loyalty and devotion to their soverign and empire
    I have the honour to be sir, your obedient servant.

F E Ponsonby Keeper of the Privy Purse

November 1916

Only 2 of my family returned from the Great War, the war that was suppose to end all wars.
    Always in my thoughts.

it a sad day and a day to remember there sacrifice i just wish it had ended all wars val
    val
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    What gets me is even on the day the fighting was going to stop they ( the top brass) were still sending troops over the top, this went on right up to the 11 o'clock dealine, total and utter madness and a sad waste of human life. They would have done better if they'd shot the officers rather than keeping up this farce.