Update on Mum

Options
jenzie06
jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
edited 15. Nov 2011, 17:55 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi guys
Hope everyone is well and pain free this evening.
I just wanted to post an update on my Mum. Some of you might remember that she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in May. She was also my carer to help me with my son Harry.

All your positive thoughts seemed to help massively and she sailed through the 7 doses of chemo with no sickness. She coped superbly. Some days she remarked that all she had done was to sit on the sofa and knit (everyone is getting a jumper for Christmas).

Now the chemo seems to have made the tumour operable (its responded really well). Her blood have come down from 2600 (normal range is 0-35) to 23 at the last count.

Next Wednesday she is having a laporoscapy (sp?) to check what the tumours are attached to in order to see if they can remove them. She is a bit nervous and if they can remove them then she will be having the big big op a few weeks after, just before Christmas. Its a bit of a double edged thing, we want them to remove the cancer even though some cells will remain (the cancer isn't curable but treatable) but the op is really big and will knock her for six plus they have to do 'mop up' chemo after.

So if you lovely people could have some more positive thoughts and prayers for her in the next few weeks it would really help.

Thanks.
P.s Harry is now a running, climbing 18 mo with all of 7 teeth and has had his first trip to a&e after falling off a chair and hurting his foot (not broken but a week on he is still limping, bless him). He sings when he wakes in the mornings and when he is well he sleeps all night. He's starting to talk, a lot of jibberish but his understanding is incredible. Don't worry, he's not a completely perfect child and we've already had a few tantrums, hitting and headbanging. But he makes us laugh every day and is a tonic to mum.

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    you have our positive thoughts and we will do pocket duties as well just to be sure val
    val
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Consider it done me dear!.
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Oh gosh! That is great news!

Sending lots of positive thoughts and healing hugs, she sounds like a trooper and a great Mum too!

Harry sounds like my daughter when she was 18 months old too! The bruises and the grazes...... :shock: a big crying session then stops and she used to toddle off laughing and gurgling away the next second.

How are you doing through all this with your Mum?

Janie
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Jen.. I am sending lots of positive vibes for your mum...its so good to hear that she has responded well to the chemo..and I do wish her well.
    Gosh I remember when Harry was born, you really do have your hands full..but what a lovely distraction.
    You dont forget to take care of yourself...sending lots of hugs for all of you (((((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,466
    Options
    HI Jen

Fabulous news!!!

Well done your Mum :grin: l cannot beleive how well she has done - maybe it is the power of the froum. Let us know if/when the op is and we can send extra good vibes her way. Sending some now for the laparoscopy.

Thanks for the update on Harry the 'forum baby'

He has come along so quickly and to hear he 'sings' in the mornings...bless his little cotton socks :wink:

LOve

Toni xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    That's great news, Jen, and thanks for telling us. Your Mum sounds like a real trooper. I do hope the op and ensuing chemo goes every bit as well as her other chemo sessions.

Good, too, that little Harry is doing so well and keeping you all entertained. Ah the first trip to A&E! I remember it well. He's a lad ie a trainee bloke - there will be many more such trips.

Just one person missing from all this. How are you, Jen? It can't have been easy for you. I hope stuff is behaving.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Jen, I'm so glad that your Mum is doing well, and good luck to her for Wednesday and the big op. if she has it later on. I will send all my positive thoughts and prayers.

It doesn't seem possible that Harry is 18 months old now. I remember so well when he was born, and he was our first forum baby. There was a collective cheer from everyone on here when he was born. :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif