Failed ESA

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 18. Nov 2011, 11:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello,
Just to let you know that I've failed my medical for ESA. I was given 6 points for not walking very well. Last time it was for not being able to sit for very long, but now they say I can sit for over an hour in comfortablly in a chair with a high back and no arms. They didn't mention my saying that I was uncomfortable, or that I had to keep wriggling to stay sitting and had trouble standing up. My independant streak came out then to my disadvantage, I wouldn't let anyone help me!!! Stupid or what!!!! I'm appealling but don't hold my breath, anyway, it'll stop in April if this Government change goes through, as I have a working husband and money invested for my 'old age', which is being used now. :sad:

I've also not been feeling too good these last week or so. Oral thrush, which I've got the medication for and its going and lots of aches, pains and fever. Going to the docs next week. Take care, everyone. ((((())))xx
Love Suexxx

Comments

• Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Sue, I'm so sorry, what stress and pressure you've been under with all that's gone on, you don't need or deserve to be treated like this.
    Have a break, recover from the oral thrush and once you're feeling stronger Sue please appeal, they'll keep trying this on until they intimidate and discourage the very people who desperately need this help completely.
    Thinking of you, gentle hugs and rest as much as you can. Xxx
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    I'm so sorry Sue, these things are such an ordeal even if you're feeling okay.

Appealing is a good idea but have a little breather of a couple of days first as you might be feeling a bit more up to the thought.

Hope you feel better soon.

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Sue, what a shame you have this on top of everything else. Oral thrush can be a nightmare and makes you feel under par. As the others have said, take a few days top regroup and gather your strength and then see how you feel.

(((hugs)))
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Sue
    What can I say...this makes my blood boil..it really does the stress and pain they cause people to go though...like Linda says you take some you time...then appeal....dont let them beat you down...they have been told to reduce the amount of people claiming ......you know how hard it is to get about ...and sit for any amount of time...dont forget we are all here for you.
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,457
    Options
    Dera Sue

l am so sorry :sad:

They expect emploers to put up with a member of staff who can only sit for an hour then??? Most meetings go on longer than that :roll:

ah well. So long as you are ok about it Sue.

I hope your oral thrush goes soon

Love and ((()))

toni xx
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    Hello Sue,
    I can't be much help as regards these benifits as I am retired but these posts sicken me.

Why is it that people like you and others on here have to fight for a pittance when its obvious to me that the people who deserve it are the people who have to fight for it.

Yes,certainly if this was me I would appeal.Surely it costs the goverment more when people do this....I am just assuming this.
    The system is mad.
    Take a breather hun and fight. May
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It seems to me from what I have read on here that you can say as much as you like about how stuff hurts etc but the comments are not registered in any way, shape or form. You could even shout them through a megaphone and a miraculously deaf ear would still be turned. People may sit comfortable for an hour or so, true, whether in pain or not, but no-one sits still for that hour, there is always some degree of movement/re-arrangement going on. Strewth, these people are morons. They may well, however, turn into arthritis-affected people in due course - then they'll find out what twerps they have been. I wonder if the Arthritis Fairy looks like this? g070.gif Take some time out, woodbon, you need a break from all of this. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Oh Sue I'm really upset for you. So what if you can sit in a chair you are still in pain and uncomfortable. It makes me so angry. They noted your difficulties walking and you'd need to do a lot of walking to get to and from work. Why are they so persistent in making lives so difficult.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    HI, You'r all so kind and you've made me laugh! :lol: Thats not so easy at the moment. I have decided to appeal, and my main reason (apart from the obvious, I need the money), is that the other night on the news the Prime Minister was saying what a wonderful job they where doing for disabled and sick people, by 'helping them' back to work and he quoted the figures, which I can't remember. It was stats and it showed the percentage of people who fail, the smaller per cent that transferred to Job Seekers ect. The number that appealled was very much smaller than I would have thought. But then came the Crunch. Quite a few people had just become 'Economically Inactive'. I guess that means just accepting the original decision, whatever their personal situation.
    Sorry for the rant, but sometimes I get sooo angrey! :
    Love Sue xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,457
    Options
    Gosh Sue

maybe those poor people just coping without the money :shock:

shocking and I am proud of you standing up for your principles like this.

Love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Good for you Sue, I will have everything crossed...you keep at it we are all behind you.
    Love
    Barbara
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    Sue I'm so sorry to hear that you failed. It's good 'tho that you're appealing. I'll keep everything crossed for you. Try to hold on in there, can anyone like CAB help in any way?
    big hugs, Rita.
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi Sue

Do appeal!!! Get over your thrush first. Did you get a medical report from your GP to sent off with your claim? These sessions don't bode well for those of us who have the rare good day with arthur.

Take care and I hope you feel better soon.
    Sharmaine
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Sue

I too am sorry that you failed to get the esa but I am pleased you have decided to appeal.

Sending some strength and courage vibes to help you on your way.

Hope that your mouth has now healed and that you are not feeling too bad in yourself.

Take care
    Love Juliepf x