Hello like snow or not??

Options
lupin15
lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
edited 18. Nov 2011, 12:44 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi folks just thought i would quickly pop in and say to everyone and Happy B days to all i have missed. Been rushed off my feet work work work and have not had time to pop in.
Thought i would throw in a seasonal poll...
Hope everyone is going well and all sorted for Christmas..... i still have loads to do....ah well always tomorrow or could be IOU's in envelopes :lol::lol: not sure how ell that would go down really :evil :evil
Looking forward to a white Christmas as i have got myself ready this year with loads of grit and salt, snow shovel ....just the broom to go. Now all i have to do is find a mug to do it. :!: :!: guess that will be me then :smile::smile: Started snowing on the 24th Nov last year...two days earlier than the year before....so any time now!!!!!! Best get ready for work bye for now..

Comments

• traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Lupin,,,

I love the snow, not sure if i will this year as my arther is in a different place and i doubt it will let me go sledging with the kids..If i am having a good day though i am sure i shall be having a sneaky go on the sledge and then get someone to pull me back up to the top of the hill lol..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Hate it. I am then housebound, as my crutches don't do snow or even worse slush. :roll:

Janie
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Love the stuff as long as I can watch it from the window.Pretty for a few days then turns into a slushy mess.
    Still have to work despite the snow since most of my customers are farmers arriving in their 4x4's or by tractor.
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Love looking at the snow and taking photos of it , but being in a wheelchair it renders me housebound , so a couple of days is enough for me . Just had a thought ; ski runners for the wheelchair ! Jillyb
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I adore it. Love it. I will be fitting me grippers soon! :grin: I love the way it muffles the world. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Have you not realised I have poetry in my soul? No? Me neither. :roll:

I adore it. I love watching it fall, the world becomes clean, quiet and beautiful and the white snow light that reflects into a room is startlingly beautiful. And the crunch and/or squeak when you walk upon it - utter bliss. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    Used to hate it when I had to drive 15 miles to work Then retired and learned to love it Now we see it on top of the mountains but only rarely down in the valley
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    I love to watch my cat in the snow. Every year he looks absolutely astonished as though he's never seen snow before. Then he walks very gingerly ( although he's not ginger-excuse the pun! ) After a while, he plucks up the courage to run across the garden, and he really enjoys it. I like to see his tracks in the snow.

I'm with you Tone about driving to work in the snow. These days schools close at the first snowflake, but I used to drive to work in terrible conditions. It once took me about two hours to drive to school, and when I got there, only five children in my class turned up.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Thanks Del for the link, they look bloomin lethal!
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    I'd like to give a cheer for the snow, wonderful stuff! I shall most likely be slipping and sliding around and may even throw a snowball at the kids. :mrgreen:

Only in GB would wheelchair users and those on crutches not be able to get around?
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,945
    Options
    Hi all.
    this is one time when all gardens look the same no one can say anything.
    i like it to look at but i cannot walk on it i have a gripper
    but my feet dont want to keep me up right and i get worried even my scoota cannot move in it.
    enjoy it if you can.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    I love to watch my cat in the snow. Every year he looks absolutely astonished as though he's never seen snow before. Then he walks very gingerly ( although he's not ginger-excuse the pun! ) After a while, he plucks up the courage to run across the garden, and he really enjoys it. I like to see his tracks in the snow.

I'm with you Tone about driving to work in the snow. These days schools close at the first snowflake, but I used to drive to work in terrible conditions. It once took me about two hours to drive to school, and when I got there, only five children in my class turned up.

Know all about that Joan and the school had a very small catchment area