At last a good choice for dairy intolerant people

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 22. Nov 2011, 07:41 in Community Chit-chat archive
I'm dairy intolerant and can't have milk mainly. I have tried soya milk and hated the stuff, and also had ago with lactolose free milk and it didn't taste good when you heated it up. I had nearly given up on ever having porridge again until last Friday! My OH came back from shopping and told me he had been along the indian produce ilse and had found cartons of rice milk and he had got me some to try. Well I was hesitant to try at 1st because of the previous failures. So at 1st I tried a little in a glass and was very surprised that it taste lovely, almost creamy slightly sweet! So I had some in my horlicks, tasted lovely gave it a creamy taste. So I'm going to try it in some porridge next, will let you know how it tastes when I have had it!!

Comments

• janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hurrah!

hope that the porridge turns out well with the rice milk!

Janie
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Have soya milk with my porridge (every morning),will be interested to know what the rice milk is like............... :?:
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • bubbadog
    Options
    I was brought up on Goats milk when I was a baby to an infant, as I was living in India/Iran because the D' word (sorry can't say that word because we are not in contact and haven't spoke for nearly 5yrs and he doesn't call me his daughter. Very messy!) worked for a haulage firm out there on a contract. And I didn't get on with formula out there so my mom was told to use goats milk which I took fine.
    Haven't tried it since, but it is still dairy so I assume it will still upset my stomach.
    The Soya chocolate milkshake is nice.
    Will let you know how I get on with the rice milk in porridge!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    We use goats milk all the time, we are not dairy intolerant..but my eldest Granddaughter has a skin complaint,and we have seen a big different since she used goats milk
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Amanda

my MIL has advanced renal falure and has been told to avoid milk due to the lactose.

She is using rice milk too on her cereal and is very pleased with it.

Love

Toni xx
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Tried the rice milk in porridge yesterday, it worked alright but didn't break the porridge down like normal milk does so it was alittle lumpy! But taste wise was nice had a vanilla taste to it. I would say I will definatly have it again. I'm not sure how it would taste in normal cereal as it has a more water like thinness and not as thick as normal milk so not sure how it would taste with cereal will have to a go now and test that for you all!!