TV Adverts!!!

Options
wendgro
wendgro Member Posts: 296
edited 18. Nov 2011, 12:48 in Community Chit-chat archive
What happened last night with the adverts in I'm a Celebrity Get me Out of Here. at 9.11 the adverts came on and at 9.19 they went off a full 8 minutes. ITV you are losing viewers because of the adverts. It spoils viewing what do you say !!!!

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    As the adverts are their bread-and-butter I guess they don't want to bite the hand that feeds them. If there is anything I want from the commercial stations I tend to record so I can whizz through the addies! I must confess I have never watched Celebrity Outta Here and I understand they wrecked Downton too. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    As annoying as the ads are , it still beats bbc and that blessed license fee ! Jillyb
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Jilly, I have to disagree but I hope we can still be friends! :smile: The programme quality (and range) of the BBC is far in advance of anything that the commercial stations produce and I think the beeb gives wonderful value for money. The fundamental flaw is that you need a licence to watch the commercial stations: if they are your choice then surely there must be a tecchy way to block your telly to the BBC stations so you don't have to pay the licence - like many things in life it needs a re-think!

What always makes me smile is those who moan about the cost of the licence but happily send Sky £30 a month or more for stuff they rarely watch. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    I've posted on this very topic a while back, Doc Martin was un-watchable so we recorded it and skipped the adds, the thing is the last government allowed them to put more adds on, Channel 4 is also getting bad for doing it, I imagine that many people are also p******d off with it so do the same as me, there are several guys at work who I know tend to record programs and skip the adds, to many adds were the main reason we binned Sky about 8 years ago, it's also why although I feel the BBC is far to left wing and PC I will never moan about paying my TV licence.
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    S'funny, theres no adverts on my telly, good old aunt! and I get radio as well! Whales, dolphins, wolves, deer, polar bears and penguins coming at me from my 42" HD screen, brilliant and well worth the fee.

OH had an X factor show on the other evening whilst I was trying to read the paper and even she got fed up with the interruptions and turned off!

Its a grin, honest!
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    Come here and watch Spanish TV They slip in the odd 5 minutes of progamme in between the ads :evil
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    You should be able to get aunt on a freesat service, at least we could in France. £49 worth of satellite dish, cable and box from Maplins does the job, no license fee either.
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    We can get sky here on a dish that would not disgrace Jodrell Bank But watching Spanish TV is a big help in pronunciation and comprehension of the language
  • wendgro
    wendgro Member Posts: 296
    Options
    Nice to hear so many are fed up with the Adds. The trouble is there are a lot of good programmes on ITV etc it is a shame they are spoilt with quite so many adverts. Haven't got round to getting a PVR yet although I do have freeview sadly my VHS recorder is obselete now.