What symbolises the worst of British?

Options
prefabkid47
prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
edited 25. Nov 2011, 13:54 in Community Chit-chat archive
The BBC
The Labour Party
There must be a third
''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Multiculturalism, unhindered mass immigration, the human rights act, the terrorist best friend Liberty. Always trying to police the world by continually starting wars we can't win.

The way we treat the really sick and our old folk has to be a top ten one, making the the old sell their homes to pay for care they even though they went through the 2nd world war and were promised care from the cradle to the grave paid their stamp only to find they have to shell out again.

Right I'm off before me spleen self ignites.
  • fayrose
    fayrose Member Posts: 241
    Options
    Cup half empty attitude leading to constant belly-aching about everything from the weather upwards .... or downwards depending on your point of view. :wink:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    health and safty common sence worked for years
    all the eu rules
    val
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    The way politicians totally ignore their electorate thinking only they know best for us.......
  • valval
    Options
    Airwave! wrote:
    The way politicians totally ignore their electorate thinking only they know best for us.......

well they been to the posh schools and get paid all that money to know
    val
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Many children have little respect for adults and are rarely controlled by their parents - who expect someone else like teachers to do it for them.

People are very aware of their rights, but blissfully unconcerned about their obligations and duties to others. Selfishness is the order of the day.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    How long do you have?

Illliteracy rankles with me as it's an un-necessary state.
    The apparent lack of moral fibre and social values due to the greed of the consumer society.
    The bleating of 'I have my rights' - yes, you do but you also have responsibilities.
    The failure of Labour governments to do any of the things they promise apart from feathering their own nests.
    The failure of Conservative governents etc etc.
    The lack of parental and school discipline and fear of the word 'No'.
    People being deemed unable to think for themselves.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    Options
    being told what is coming next on the news to the extent when it comes on it totaly the same as just been told i am not totaly thick once is enough do they just do this to fill the program so they do not actually go out and find enough content to fill the program ??????
    val
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    The attitude "I want it and I want it now" even if I don't deserve it/ haven't worked for it.
    The bone-idle people who choose not to work (not those who can't due to health) have a better financial income than I do working full time.
    Sheer selfishness of people
    Sheer greed
    Rudeness of everyone - young and old - and sometimes I'm afraid the older generation can be extremely rude
    Lack of consideration for our fellow humans
    God, I'm off on one now. Stop me someone before I implode!

Grace.
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    90% of the expats here in Spain!!!They don't learn a word of Spanish and treat the locals like imbeciles :evil :evil
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    tonesp wrote:
    90% of the expats here in Spain!!!They don't learn a word of Spanish and treat the locals like imbeciles :evil :evil

When in Rome is a good way to go, if I moved to any country to live I'd learn the lingo and do as they do and not cut myself off or out of the community around me it's ignorant, and it shows your their for your benefit and no one else's.
    Also it's useful to know and speak the language it must be a nightmare trying to get things done.

Anyway back to Britain, pot holes crazy parking fees street lights for the hell of them and rubbish thrown from cars or worse in beauty spots. drives me totally up the pole.
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    tonesp wrote:

When in Rome is a good way to go, if I moved to any country to live I'd learn the lingo and do as they do and not cut myself off or out of the community around me it's ignorant, and it shows your their for your benefit and no one else's.
    Also it's useful to know and speak the language it must be a nightmare trying to get things done.

Anyway back to Britain, pot holes crazy parking fees street lights for the hell of them and rubbish thrown from cars or worse in beauty spots. drives me totally up the pole.
    mellman01 wrote:
    tonesp wrote:

Anyway back to Britain, pot holes crazy parking fees street lights for the hell of them and rubbish thrown from cars or worse in beauty spots. drives me totally up the pole.[/quote
    I agree I learned Spanish very quickly by integrating into the local community When I had my hip replacement,in an excellent Spanish hospital,a knowledge of the language was essential even down to choosing my meals for the day.A lot of Brits here have to pay for an interpreter to accompany them to every appointment