Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

financial assistance question

TurbogranTurbogran Posts: 1,933
I have OA in my spine and knee I recieve the mobility section of the DLA I am finding it getting to be more difficult getting in and out of the bath. and would like to change this for something more accessable. my husband and I are both pensioners and are wondering if there is anywhere we can contact for advise on any financial help we may be able to get.
Take care
Carol xx


  • helpline_teamhelpline_team Posts: 1,930
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Dear Carol,

    Thank you for your enquiry to Helplines. We are not Welfare Rights speciaists but signpost to the following organisations for this help. Age UK http://www.ageuk.org.uk/
    , some councils have a welfare rights department, CABs , and DIAL UK http://www.dialuk.info/

    Often if you are looking for money to adapt your home you may well need a report from a Occupational Therapist (OT) stating that you need the adaptation (OTs can be found in social services departments.)

    If you'd like some more information about self managing your arthritis, then email us your name and address (to [email protected]) and we'll post you a pack.

    I hope we can help further

  • TurbogranTurbogran Posts: 1,933
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    thank you Guy for the reply will look into these sites
    Take care
    Carol xx
Sign In or Register to comment.