Watch and learn :!: :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZGFr_YJV34
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Absolutely brilliant Joan, it makes me wonder if the woman on here who posted on my "is the EURO dead" simply has here head in the sand on the EU.
    It's this insestueus financial relationship that's messed it all up, the whole thing fed off more debt the bigger the amount you lent out the more your credit ratting went up so fed the fire storm we now see. The EU is stuffed in it's present state regardless of what the pro lobby thinks, you cannot make one currency and expect all the diverse and basket case economies like Greece Italy etc and expect them to run in sync with larger ones like that of Germany etc.
  • mellman01
    Options
    Jesus what's happened to this web site, it's been so neutered now anyone with a political mind and an ability to say what they see regardless of any PC liberalism have all gone off and hid, all we get is boring bland posts about "how my cat got stuck on the roof" kind of stuff, I'm not moaning at anyone in person even I've started doing it, everyone is living in fear of offending/breaking the 1984 censors rules that no debate can ever get going.
    The EU is a serious issue, it effects us all and our kids yet it get's zip all replies. Right me spleen has vented for now.
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    I always thought that we originally joined the EU as a trading partner not for them to govern us.......naive or what?
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    I always thought that we originally joined the EU as a trading partner not for them to govern us.......naive or what?

not at all, that's what I thought, back in the day. My, how times change and then some.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Jesus what's happened to this web site, it's been so neutered now anyone with a political mind and an ability to say what they see regardless of any PC liberalism have all gone off and hid, all we get is boring bland posts about "how my cat got stuck on the roof" kind of stuff, I'm not moaning at anyone in person even I've started doing it, everyone is living in fear of offending/breaking the 1984 censors rules that no debate can ever get going.
    The EU is a serious issue, it effects us all and our kids yet it get's zip all replies. Right me spleen has vented for now.

I thought the video was a very funny satirical take on the Euro situation, and it puts it all in a nutshell.

I think that people often get a bit jaded with all the problems associated with the economic/political situation, and we get bombarded with it on the news etc, so we sometimes like to escape the serious stuff when we come on here. I don't think people are afraid to state their opinions, but possibly they're a bit apathetic, or don't want to make themselves even more depressed about the state of the country.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    the state of the country as some one who works in a small store i can say for sure every time things start to improve some prat comes on the telly scaring people to death about power increases or petrol etc and they stop spending again then there all this about the young not being able to purchase housing it because so few jobs are full time these days and those that are tend to be more minimum wage so how can the afford to get a morgage we need good paying jobs ones where youngsters get taken on and can advance from bottom up like it used to be not we can not find any one qualified well you wont if you do not train them where they going to come from abroad where they have been trained sorry rant over val
    val
  • mellman01
    Options
    Hi val the BBc is really good at that and seems to find some perverse pleasure in doing so, the other week they were going on about how terrible it's going to get then a few hours later were saying that our economy grew faster than expected, they are also totally obsessed about a certain minority who's religion begins with an M, but that's another story that could well turn into a rant and end up with me being banned so I wont or can't go there.