topper

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 25. Nov 2011, 07:07 in Community Chit-chat archive
well decided to get memory foam topper as having trouble sleeping due to pain and stiffness not sure how will work out but hovered mattress put flannelet sheets on must be winter even did stairs as had Hoover up there oh thought i had lost the plot lol val
val

Comments

• bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    My bed has a built-in memory foam topper, I do love the memory foam as it makes the bed more comfortable. Did try the pillows but didn't get on with them. Hope you have a restful sleep with the topper on Val.
  • valval
    Options
    was naughty as did not leave it 48 hours to air it did not smell so thought go for it lol did sleep better joints were much more comphy and nice warm flannelet sheets so cozy did not want to get up this morning lol val
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Val
    Let me know how you get on with it, I have been thinking about getting one.
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Val

will do i kept putting it off lasr year so got one this as getting comphy in bed a pain lol val
    val
  • valval
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    valval wrote:
    barbara12 wrote:
    Val

will do i kept putting it off lasr year so got one this as getting comphy in bed a pain lol val

Dear Madam
    May I take this opportunity to offer you The Alan D Lord Bed Testing Service? Many ladies purchase a mattress befor fully testing it out
    Our NEW service will send one of our extremly hunky love machines to your home and spend the night with you teating out the comfort of your bed under combat conditions
    For a small fee you can pick the love machine of your choice (a small extra charge will apply if you tick the box below *Size does matter*) who will then spend 10 hours in your bed with you.
    This is a limited one off promotion so please book early.
    But wait there is more! Book before midnight today and we will also provide you with a full colour HD movie on DVD of your event
    and off course you will receive a free Parker pen just for enquiring.

Fat Kev MD Aland D Lord Enterprises

you are going to pay me a fee to let the hunk sleep????? :oops: in my new bed how much might be worth three in a bed if it enough
    val
  • valval
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Sleep? Did we mention sleep? :grin:
    Three in a bed VAL??? You do suprise me two wimmen and a bloke is a nice combo if you are a bloke :grin::grin: oh! I just realised its two bloke and you... VAL!!!!! :eek:

will stop me falling out of bed :oops:
    val
  • valval
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    valval wrote:
    rehab44 wrote:
    Sleep? Did we mention sleep? :grin:
    Three in a bed VAL??? You do suprise me two wimmen and a bloke is a nice combo if you are a bloke :grin::grin: oh! I just realised its two bloke and you... VAL!!!!! :eek:

will stop me falling out of bed :oops:
    A bit like me then Val I believe in safe sex so I have a rail around the bed

is that to stop them escapeing ???? or running off with your wallet while you sleep??????????????
    val
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Just read all this and nearly fell out of bed laughing :lol::lol::lol:

I've got a feather mattress topper-5 inches of feathers, very soft and snuggly. But I've never had it tested, and I've always wanted a Parker pen. I'm a bit worried that the hunk might be Fat Kev himself though :roll: I wonder whether Jude Law does mattress testing :?:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Just read all this and nearly fell out of bed laughing :lol::lol::lol:

I've got a feather mattress topper-5 inches of feathers, very soft and snuggly. But I've never had it tested, and I've always wanted a Parker pen. I'm a bit worried that the hunk might be Fat Kev himself though :roll: I wonder whether Jude Law does mattress testing :?:

fat kev would not test the bed he would kill it ???? not a good thought lol. he still has not told me how much he is paying for me to let them test mine or what colour my pen will be val
    val
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Fat Kev might be a good mattress topper himself- nice and soft and bouncy anyway :!: :lol:

PS. For the information of The Alan D Lord Bed Testing Service, I would like a red Parker pen please.

A bit like me then Val I believe in safe sex so I have a rail around the bed

I hate to disillusion you, Len, but that rail is what they put round the bed in the geriatric ward. :shock: :lol:
  • valval
    Options
    i think these pens a myth have tried for one since joining forum and as yet not recived one even after being informed that it was in the mail never came can i have a gold one please
    val
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Dear Mr. Lord and Fat Kev

I am writing to enquire about your advertisement for the Alan D Lord Bed Testing Service. Although you promise to send one of your ''extremly hunky love machines'' to my home, you are very vague as to whom that might be. I therefore suspect that it might be one of you (or both :shock: )

Neither do you specify exactly what is meant by ''combat conditions''. Does this mean that I would be required to wear a bullet-proof vest and camouflage pyjamas :?:

Although you say that I can tick the box, *Size does matter*, there is no such box in your advertisement ( a glaring omission )

I also note that although you promise to send a Parker pen, no such pens have ever been received in previous Alan D. Lord promotions.

Taking all these points into account, I feel it my duty to report you to the trading standards people unless you can arrange for Jude Law to come to test my bed immediately. Also, Val and I will expect to receive our pens by return of post if you wish to avoid legal action.

Yours truly
    M. Whitehouse
  • valval
    Options
    still no pen :sad: :sad:
    t4216.gif
    can write a letter of complaint pencil does not look good lol
    val
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Options
    i thought i would try a memory foam mattress topper and am so glad i did, the bed feels so soft now my hips love going to bed now...lol nights still not a lot of good but the softness and warmth is so good for me... i told my OT to advise anyone asking about them ito get themselves one in future x
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • valval
    Options
    only had mine two nites but so glad i got it much easyer to get comphy when go up to bed. val
    val
  • joanlawson
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    joanlawson wrote:
    Dear Mr. Lord and Fat Kev

I am writing to enquire about your advertisement for the Alan D Lord Bed Testing Service. Although you promise to send one of your ''extremly hunky love machines'' to my home, you are very vague as to whom that might be. I therefore suspect that it might be one of you (or both :shock: )

Neither do you specify exactly what is meant by ''combat conditions''. Does this mean that I would be required to wear a bullet-proof vest and camouflage pyjamas :?:

Although you say that I can tick the box, *Size does matter*, there is no such box in your advertisement ( a glaring omission )

I also note that although you promise to send a Parker pen, no such pens have ever been received in previous Alan D. Lord promotions.

Taking all these points into account, I feel it my duty to report you to the trading standards people unless you can arrange for Jude Law to come to test my bed immediately. Also, Val and I will expect to receive our pens by return of post if you wish to avoid legal action.

Yours truly
    M. Whitehouse

Dear Madam,
    The deadline for complaints was yesterday, and I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow
    isn't looking good either.

Kind Regards

Fat Kev Head of customer relations

Dear Mr. Fat Kev
    I saw no mention of a deadline for complaints in your advertisement, and it's a very poor excuse to say that you can only deal with one person per day. It seems to me that your department is one of bad customer relations, and it's very unhelpful to say that today isn't my day.

As you have not sent my Parker pen, and Jude Law is yet to appear to test my bed, I regret that you leave me no alternative but to take the matter further.
    So there :!:
    M. Whitehouse
  • valval
    Options
    to whom it my concern
    i wish to bring to your attention the false advertising that recently took place on the 23rd Nov 2011 the said parker pen has never appeared even though said check has been cashed also the mattress tester that appeared was unclean to say the least had to put plastic sheeting on bed before could allow him any where near. then he proceeded to bounce with his boots on and has made a dint in my ceiling not the out come and he said i would receive a certificate for the comfort of my topper which also has not arrived over all this was a very disturbing experience the only thing that could have caused distress was if the bed tester had not kept his clothing on then would have had to burn new topper
    yours sincerely val café owner extraordinar
    val
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Dear Mr. Fat Kev

Further to my previous letter, thank you for sending Jude Law to test my bed, but he has proved to be a huge disappointment. He arrived early this morning, and presented me with a supposed Parker pen which turned out to be an ordinary biro painted red; it didn't work, of course!

Following this, he went to my bedroom to test my bed, but my hopes for this were soon shattered. His test consisted of jumping up and down on the mattress for ten seconds, and then he left hurriedly. He said that he had an urgent appointment to test the bed of Sienna Miller, and I can't understand why this blonde multi-millionairess actress should have taken priority over me. As I had dressed in my bullet-proof vest and camouflage pyjamas in anticipation of the promised ''combat conditions'' of the test, I thought that I had fulfilled the criteria more than adequately.

Here is a video of Jude testing my mattress, and I think you will agree that his skills are not up to the standard which I expected from your advert.

th_mz_03_10022658533.gif

Yours disappointedly
    M. Whitehouse
  • valval
    Options
    joan love this made me smile val
    val
  • joanlawson
    Options
    valval wrote:

Good morning, Val. I hope you slept well on your new mattress topper. I'm glad I made you smile. :grin:
  • valval
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    valval wrote:

Good morning, Val. I hope you slept well on your new mattress topper. I'm glad I made you smile. :grin:

yes am waking earlyer but that because am sleeping much better it lovely . hope you have this lovely sunshine we have got val
    val
  • joanlawson
    Options
    I'm glad to hear that you are sleeping better, Val. It makes such a difference to energy levels through he day. The sun is shining here too, but I'm trying to postpone a visit to T***o for food shopping at present. A necessary evil as far as I'm concerned :roll:
  • valval
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    I'm glad to hear that you are sleeping better, Val. It makes such a difference to energy levels through he day. The sun is shining here too, but I'm trying to postpone a visit to T***o for food shopping at present. A necessary evil as far as I'm concerned :roll:

went to al*i at 8 am nice and quiet lol
    val