Flat feet

Options
magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 23. Nov 2011, 15:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hiya,

Anyone been told they have flat feet? If so, what pain do you get and did you get any help?

Thanks

Magenta x

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I've had flat feet for ages now, probably upwards of four or five years. Pain? Yup, but I reckon that is due to the arthritis (PA and OA) and not the flat feet. Help? None. I have some insoles which I use from time to time and I saw recently that our local Co-op disability store has a chiropody service where you can go and have your gait analysed and then they tell you what sort of insoles you need or whether it needs the intervention of the hospital orthotics department. I'll go to the Co-op in the New Year. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hiya Magenta,

Good to see you :grin:

I have flat feet and nowadays don't get a lot of pain in them unless I've been standing/walking more than usual.

I've never been offered any sort of treatment for them. I think they're par for the cause with arthur ...............................wot does that saying mean and where does it come from, I only typed it because it sounded good??? :???: :shock: :lol::lol::lol:

Hope you're okay.

Love,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Thanks DD and Legs,

I'm being referred to a podiatrist and I've to get an ultra-sound scan to check for inflammation in my feet and ankles. I've never been told I've got flat feet and it is only a guess by my rheumy but I suppose it's better to get it checked out. I get terrible swelling and pain in both ankles every day and dr thinks it's coming from my feet!

Lovely to hear from you Linda-how's things with you? How's the family? I've not been on-line alot lately-so many things happening for me health-wise.

Thanks,

Magenta x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    How can you tell if it's so? Leave a wet footprint somewhere: if your feet still have an arch (or something resembling it) there will be an 'imaginary' curve between your heel and where the ball of the foot cuts in, the curve is to the right on the right foot, left on the left. Mine? It looks like someone has drawn round my foot with a crayon - no gap at all. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    magenta wrote:

Lovely to hear from you Linda-how's things with you? How's the family? I've not been on-line alot lately-so many things happening for me health-wise.

Thanks,

Magenta x

I'm good Magenta and getting some good results from my first Etanercept injection on Monday - I can't believe how quickly it's working. Family ..............another story, will PM you over the next few days.

Sorry things not brill for you in the health direction and I've missed seeing you around.

XX
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'