past my 1st physio

Options
babytiger
babytiger Member Posts: 360
edited 24. Nov 2011, 04:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
Had my 1st physio yesterday and boy am I suffering today ,even my ankle bone feels stiff and restless. I had a trainee (they got to practise on somebody) but he got my measurements wrong for bend of knee and strtetch as he tried to take them with me sitting in the chair and I was 10 degrees out. He got Michelle who said did you take them with her on the bed, NO...... so she took them and they were fine but me bleeding knee was hurting so much by this time then they started giving me those exercises for strenghtning back of knee and calf .I just felt like telling them to p******* off .Got to do the same next tuesday but have to get ambulance there,appointments 10am,gotta be ready for 8am gonna be kinda sick sitting in a hospital for hours on end waiting for transport

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm sorry the physio left you feeling stiff, babytiger, but it will help in the long run. Stronger muscles result in less pain.

As for waiting for transport - oh, I've spent many long hours doing that. Take a good book to while away the time.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi babytiger

Hope the joints are a little better today after the torchure of physio.

I am sure things will get easer as time goes on.

Yes I too have had ambulance transport and had the misery of being picked up hours before the appointment and brought home hours after.
    Like sticky says, take a book of some sort and I suggest a flask and a snack too. (save money from buying fom the cafe)

Keep your chin up
    Juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'm late to this, babytiger, I apologise. Ah yes, the agonies of the early physion sessions on newly fiddled with joints, there is nothing quite like it. Do what they say but under your terms and be firm about resting in between exercises if necessary. Yours is the sore and tender bit, and that has to be your main concern, not the possibility of hurting their feelings or offending them. I am very lucky in that hospital transport is, as yet, an unexplored avenue for me, but the veterans of said device have written you some wise words by the sound of things. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben