Freddie Mercury

mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 25. Nov 2011, 03:12 in Community Chit-chat archive
Today so radio Oxford says it's 20 years since Freddie Mercury died of pneumonia due to him having AIDS, now for me Queen never really floated my boat but I will give him and them one thing and that's their live aid appearance, they/he totally blew the crowd and other acts away that day, I still remember it to this day the man had a natural talent, one of those rare people who are just born with it.
Also Ironically I hear George Michael has cancelled a show or two due to him having pneumonia as well, makes me wonder if has the same problem dear old Freddie had, I hope he hasn't.

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    love to listen to queen or did in distant past. it is always a shame when a life is cut short but am sure one day they will find a cure but will not be intime for many. i know there are lots of reasons for pneumonia and also hope this not the one val
    val
  • mellman01
    Yeah I hope he's OK as well, he lives down the road in Goring and he's a nice guy goes into the local pubs all the time, he also open for chatting and isn't up himself.
    someone who is however is one Bill Oddie, I know people who've met him and he was seriously arrogant and offensive, he was on autumn watch the other night and all he wanted to talk about was his argument he was having with his next door neighbor!, what a t***t, poor old Kate Humble use to physically cringe when she was on spring watch with him. Sorry me spleen was obviously fuller than I thought Val!.
  • fayrose
    fayrose Member Posts: 241
    Not wishing to cause an argument, BUT Bill Oddie suffers from very serious depression and I know from personal experience with family members that this illness turns people very peculiar and sometimes downright nasty.

I do agree though that it was sometimes uncomfortable viewing watching him with Kate Humble.

By the way, whatever happened to Simon King and his Springwatch appearances?

Hope I haven't hi-jacked your Freddy thread too much. :oops:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    fayrose wrote:
    Not wishing to cause an argument, BUT Bill Oddie suffers from very serious depression and I know from personal experience with family members that this illness turns people very peculiar and sometimes downright nasty.

I do agree though that it was sometimes uncomfortable viewing watching him with Kate Humble.

did not know this thanks for info sure he will forgive you val
    val
  • mellman01
    There was a guy on the radio a few years ago and he said he met him in a hotel and told him he was his hero as a kid and asked if he could he have his autograph he replied with shove it up your a***s bubble well and truly burst.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Mell
    I adored Freddie Mercurys voice, it used to send shivers down my spine when he sang...and still does when I listen to his albums..the last album he made when he was ill is amazing, you can here the sadness in his voice..but it was still so powerful..know one can live forever was my favourite...now Iv got tears in my eyes...I do feel for George Michael and hope he will be ok.
    Love
    Barbara
  • fayrose
    fayrose Member Posts: 241
    mellman01 wrote:
    There was a guy on the radio a few years ago and he said he met him in a hotel and told him he was his hero as a kid and asked if he could he have his autograph he replied with shove it up your a***s bubble well and truly burst.
    Uuum, strange things said on the radio for all sorts of reasons and with half a story told. Makes a good bit of radio though and good publicity for someone eh? :wink:
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    hi Mell,

is it really 20 years? hell i's getting old :roll:

i so agree with you that Freddie made a really good live performer.... remember their set at Live Aid and it was incredible....

saw them a couple of times as just them and yep they did good stadium!

i think sometimes its hard for celebs to keep being recognised... my father used to hate it and did the false smile, signed the bit of flapping paper but all he really wanted was to have a normal day out.... a woman threw her self at the car once she said as his number one fan.... it was kinda scary actually....

thankfully he was stuck in traffic else he would have had a novel mascote ion the bonnet :lol:

as his light faded though he loved being recognised :lol:

fame makes some jerks..... will let you guess if thats what happened to him.....

hope your dong ok there? Cris xx
  • queenfan
    queenfan Member Posts: 563
    Well you dont have to ask if i'm a queen fan, just look at my user name, I loved & still do love queen, i wish I could have seen them live but just missed out before he died, I do hope George isn't going the same.
    Sue xx
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    fayrose wrote:

Sorry to highjack, just wanna say something bout B.O (nice name!!)
    He has bi-polar which is manic depression, if he is having an episode he shouldnt be on tv surely.
    Mental health doesnt = arrogant p***k i do know, i have worked wiyh many sufferers and they are not in the slightest like this.

Back to post, I wished I had seen Queen when Freddie was alive, he was a great performer and i loved Queen.
    I had the same conversation about George with my partner yesterday, it makes u wonder, suprised the trash mags havent picked up on it, or have they as dont read them :smile:

Have good day all, now off for blood test :sad:
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg