Indian food aid

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 25. Nov 2011, 06:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
Just watching Sky news and there talking about massive fraud in the food aid program there, it seems the thousands of tonnes of food aid for the starving is openly being stolen misappropriated etc and then sold to farmers as cattle feed as it's highly Nutritious and the cattle love it!, now this is one reason I don't give to any charity outside of our own country these days. Why were giving aid to India in the first place beats me they a world economic superpower these days, it should be them giving it to us!.

Comments

• mellman01
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    WOW look at that tumble weed go!.

I personally I think this forum should be renamed the cyber grave, as Monty Python would say, "this forum is dead, it’s passed on! This forum is no more! It has ceased to be! It’s expired and gone to meet its maker! This is a late forum. It’s a stiff. Bereft of life, it rests in peace!." well you my drift!?.
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Fraud in the food aid programme in India?My oh my I am surprised or not!I refuse to throw my money into the bottomless pit!!!Guess this corruption doesn't occur in African food aid program lol.
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • mellman01
    Options
    Jesus you sound as cynical as me!!. :lol:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    now now not every one is up to no good but it better if help is delivered straight to those that need it a local church will deliver the goods to those that need it rather than politicians who make money off it val
    val
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Jesus you sound as cynical as me!!. :lol:

I'm working on it,I'll make it a new year resolution to gain a diploma in cynicism.............. :smile:
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • mellman01
    Options
    Hey del isn't that also how our politicians work here now, the minister for the armed forces knows a chap who luckily happens to be his best mate ( in more ways than one I hear) who has knows a chap who makes army boots who's also looking for a big army contract so gets invited by his "best mate" to meet the MOD and other senior staff and low and behold all the ducks get put in a neat little row so every ones happy well except the troops on the ground who find their new boots are badly made so end up getting their family to get them a pair from the local Millets posted to them out in Afghanistan.
    Bugger me spleen was slightly fuller than I thought?.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Hey del isn't that also how our politicians work here now, the minister for the armed forces knows a chap who luckily happens to be his best mate ( in more ways than one I hear) who has knows a chap who makes army boots who's also looking for a big army contract so gets invited by his "best mate" to meet the MOD and other senior staff and low and behold all the ducks get put in a neat little row so every ones happy well except the troops on the ground who find their new boots are badly made so end up getting their family to get them a pair from the local Millets posted to them out in Afghanistan.
    Bugger me spleen was slightly fuller than I thought?.

it has been that way for years seacret hand shakes old school ties will not change they make to much out of it val
    val