Hello Newbie seeking info on Humira!

Options
smileymicrobe
smileymicrobe Member Posts: 8
edited 24. Nov 2011, 10:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello i'm 27 and I have RA in my hands, wrists and feet, i was diagnosed 3 years ago and still haven't got my meds sorted properly. Finally after a year of constant vomiting it was discovered that my arava was the cause so in April i was put on the long 9 month waitin list for Humira. I've heard so many good things about it i just wondered has anyone else or is anyone else on it and seeing improvements. At this point i'll try anyting and i can't wait until January comes and my 9 months wait is over lol, 3 years seems like forever to get ur condition under control, hoping i will get some sort of a life back :-)

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi, it's nice to meet you. I've been on it for about 28 months now and learned yesterday that I am to stay on it. It's OK, I can't be more enthusiastic than that, but for others on here it has worked really well and yes, given them their lives back. I sincerely hope that happens for you too. Good luck with it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    hi Smiley,

welcome here as well from me and hopefully it will work really well for you.

i can't get funding for any of the anti's but a lot here are on it and some have had really good results so hang in there and got everything crossed it will work well for you. nice to meet you. Cris x
  • smileymicrobe
    smileymicrobe Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Nice to meet you all too! Glad i stumbled across this website for support :-) I guess it won't work the same on everyone and that is to be expected! i seem to take a reaction to everything the consultant has given me so if humira fails i don't know what options i have left. just can't cope with the way things are - i haven't had any meds for a good while now!!!