Just had plaster off ...

Options
Lupin25
Lupin25 Member Posts: 35
edited 25. Nov 2011, 16:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
I've just had my plaster cast off today and had a bath!!! Pure bliss after 10 weeks (I did shower..!). My husband bought me bubble bath & scented candles and had Michael Buble playing in the background.
I had dyno-rod on speeddial for when I shaved my leg :lol:
Now just got to get used to the air cast boot and weight bearing again!

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Lupin how wonderful you made that sound, you must feel so much better ..and what a lovely hubby you have..now good luck with the boot x
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    !0 weeks is a long time without a bath, Lupin 25. I've had a few post op bathless times but never so long. I'm glad your husband made it special for you and hope the boot goes well.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am into my eleventh year of no baths and I thought I didn't care - now I'm not so sure! That must have felt lovely, what a treat and the silky smooth legs are always a boost for morale! And what a lovely thing for Mr Lupin to do. I bet you're all scented and perfumed now. Cor! :smile: DD (who is rather hot and smelly :sad: )
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    hi Lupin,

flower isn't that the best feeling?! I have had a lot of things in plaster and its so good to get them off.....

your dong really well you know and so glad your getting to the weight bearing stage. fingers crossed you soon will be back to your old self. Cris x
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    Hi Lupin, great news.
    And what a great way to celebrate its removal. Mr Lupin sounds a gem :wink:
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    I had my leg in plaster for nearly 3 months.It is such a lovely feeling to get the plaster off and feel fresh air on the skin again.Walking felt odd at first because my leg had compensated for the extra weight due to the cast all that time.
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Lupin
    That sounds wonderful......6 weeks is the longest I've had post op that I cant have a bath so I have an idea how you feel....but 10 weeks....a long time. Bet you feel great
    Love
    Hileena
  • Lupin25
    Lupin25 Member Posts: 35
    Options
    Thanks for your replies, I think I sugar coated things! Whilst the bath was bliss the actual getting in and out was quite a different matter..... very un-dignified to say the least, good job me & Mr Lupin have been married 23 years... enough said !!!
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Lupin,

Not to worry about the undignified getting in and out of the bath, my hubby is on the deaf side and a tad forgetful so I have been able to give a whole new meaning to prune looking in the past!!! :roll:
    Things have improved now so I can manage on my own with just a few tidal waves involved. :lol:

Great that the plaster is off and I hope you enjoy the new freedom from the plaster. Fingers crossed you won’t be in the air boot for too long.

Lv, I x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    Hi Lupin

bless you and even more bless your husband for trying to make it the best bath anyone has ever had :roll:

Well done lass

Love

Toni xx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Well I can honestly say Lupin you smell beautiful t4417.gif

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'