tuesday

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 28. Nov 2011, 03:59 in Community Chit-chat archive
well they turned the christmas lights on in town, no i did not go and see them.all those kids waiting to see sants and some one dressed up in costume.
now late night shopping will take place on a wed but most of shops do not bother and ones that do shut between 6-7 does not seem worth the effort but if you have a car you get to park for free what does your town do ???????
will you go???? val
val

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi Val,

the nearest village doesn't bother but St A makes some effort... but.... then there is mowzal :grin::grin::grin: now they are so worth seeing and just brilliant to say the least....

overshadowed one day by the penlea disaster ( they used to switch them out that day but now they are only off for an hour ) they are incredible Val.

but then...

i do the hawthorn out side the window.... nearly time :lol: Cris xx
  • valval
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    hi Val,

the nearest village doesn't bother but St A makes some effort... but.... then there is mowzal :grin::grin::grin: now they are so worth seeing and just brilliant to say the least....

overshadowed one day by the penlea disaster ( they used to switch them out that day but now they are only off for an hour ) they are incredible Val.

but then...

i do the hawthorn out side the window.... nearly time :lol: Cris xx

what do you do with it lights can not put any out front of our they would go walk about not the best town in the world but home lol got to finnish cleaning front room so can get tree up has to be up before sports personality of the year lol the rest as and when lol val
    val
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    hi Val,

meant to do this the other day but not been too good again so sorry belated answer....

this is a couple of years ago now i think but gives you the idea :wink:

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af237/skezier/HappyNewYear.jpg

couldn't get what i wanted to up load but this gives you an idea and then i thought i will email you the other :wink:

hope you slept ok? hugs and tea Cris xx
  • valval
    Options
    will go look at emails did not get in yesterday and was in bed early last night went to pic was great just train back was hell val
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    Hi All

Val you have ellies now as your profile - lovely :grin:

Our lights went on a week or so back.....all the kids go and the place is heaving, but in my opinion not much doing.

If l get the chance would like to go to Mousehole this year :wink:

Love

toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ipswich does late night shopping on Thursdays, which will start this week) but I have never gone in 'cos by then I am too tired. I don't get to see the lights either but they do allow BB holders to drive up the main street (it's pedestrianised) to see them. My favourite lights are in Southwold and Holt: each shop/house in the town centre has a small tree decorated with white lights attached to it, quite high up, it's simple and stunning (much like me!) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    Options
    we used to have a smal tree on each shop with lights on and it always looked lovely it hard to get the trees up into the brackets but some shops still use them some of the trees have lights in them down main street they looked lovely last year.
    one shop in town goes over the top and has windows done and loads of lights on wall he gets his shop in local paper each year so worth the money he spends
    yes decided to go back to elephants well as close as they have on here :grin: val
    val