Things ain't good

Options
pinkbritishstars
pinkbritishstars Member Posts: 731
edited 26. Nov 2011, 04:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
I got no sleep last night due to being in severe pain all over. I nearly rang for a Dr I was that bad. Thing is I still am in pain all over the top part of my body including my chest which I do have IA in.

What should I do tonight if I have no sleep again? As I work this is MAJOR.

Pink

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm sorry you couldn't sleep, Pink, and I presume you had taken all the paindullers you could. My own solution is always to get up and have a good, old-fashioned cuppa then maybe get myself a hot water bottle before trying again. I see no point in staying in bed when sleep is clearly not an option as all one does is focus on the pain which makes it seem worse. Distraction, for me, is always a better option. If it happens again tonight I'd contact the doc tomorrow morning.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • pinkbritishstars
    Options
    I am going to ring nhs direct tonight if my morphine doesn't work tonight. xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    try ice on chest wrapped in towel does help sometimes can you phone rhummy and get injection i had mine done much better now not sure how long will last but enjoying it val
    val
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    hi Pink,

pain at night is horrid... know it very ell and sleep is impossible but...

i wonder if you need different tablets to help control it all? morphine doesn't always work... it makes me chronically sick in some forms yet in others its quite effective. maybe a chat to the gp could get some kind of help?

i hope you get a better night. fingers crossed you do. Cris x
  • pinkbritishstars
    Options
    Thanks Val and Skezier. Have a good evening.

xx
  • Star2001
    Star2001 Member Posts: 96
    Options
    Hi, how are you feeling now? I know you've said that you are seeing a rheumatologist - maybe you could ring up tomorrow and ask to see someone as soon as possible if you are in a lot of pain tonight. They gave me a same day appointment with the nurse a couple of weeks ago when my leg was very bad and she was able to liaise with the consultant in the next room even though I didn't actually see him. I was given Meloxicam which helped immediately until I had to stop them due to a reaction caused by other helath problems. I hope you do get sorted very quickly.
  • Star2001
    Star2001 Member Posts: 96
    Options
    Hi, I was just wondering if you are feeling better? I hope so! x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    Hi Pinky

couldn't post as my password was playing up....how are you doing now? Has your sleep issue resolved yet?

Love

Toni xx
  • pinkbritishstars
    Options
    No Toni - thanks for your reply.

thanks Star too

x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Oh dear! Did you contact your rheumatologist or GP then, Pink? What did they suggest?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright