steroid injection in finger

Options
Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 25. Nov 2011, 16:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
Had doctors appointment this evening she say I look and sound a lot better since starting on cetalopram and she is happy how i am progressing and has given me tabs for 2 months this time to take me over christmas and into the new year. also have now been told I have trigger finger in the middle finger of my left hand.and is sending me to the hosp for a steroid jab in it. It's one thing after another at the moment still hey ho must stay possitive i suppose. :lol::lol:
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi Carol,

i am sure the finger will respond to the jab... they normally do and they are not too bad to have.

don't forget we do the pocket duties so let us know what time and date please.

glad your getting on well with the cetalopram its good when you find something that helps a bit.

hope your payback has eased as well and it sometimes feels like one thing after the other but it will get easier for you. let us know about that finger though cus me and this lot are in need of a day out :wink: Cris x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    so glad things are looking up. had sturnum done and knee and have worked a treat, just remember to rest it 24 hours after to be sure to give it time to work hope xmas and new year good and pain free
    val
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Carol

Its nice to hear that you are responding to your meds. I hope you continue to do so for a very long time.

Hope the injection to your finger helps too.

take care
    Juliepf x
  • Turbogran
    Options
    thank you Chris Val and Julie I'm sure steroid jab will be fine, and keeping fingers crossed it will work. Cannot get appointment untill 5th Jan as the only available appt between now and then is 22nd December :roll: :roll: and I didn't really want it then just a couple of days before christmas, but i'ts not too bad at the moment just really annoying. :x :x Chris i promise i'll remind you before then so that can all have your day out on pocket duty. :lol::lol:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I was hoping to be off the Citalopram by now but my rheumatologist has suggested I stay on them as apparently they help with pain relief, so that is what I am doing. (I haven't plugged in my SAD light yet - I do not have the will at the moment. :oops: ) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Turbogran
    Options
    Hi DD yes doctor has left me on the citalopram till after Christmas. i fact yesterday she gave me 2 months supply so that I dont have to see her un till mid january when I will have been on them for around 7 or 8 months :roll: You will have to tell me how the sad lamp works as I don't
    know much about them. :???:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    Hi Carol

my MIL gets trigger finger in two fingers regularly and she has the jabs - she has had 4 lots so far and they work fabulously for her.

Bless her she gets over 6 months releif each time. Hope you are as fortunate.

Love

Toni xx
  • Turbogran
    Options
    That's interesting Frog dose your MIL use crutches ur a walking stick by any chance cus was wondering if that was what was causing it with me.
    :???: :?:
    Stay positive always👍xx