thought i would say Hi again...

Options
lorica
lorica Member Posts: 187
edited 25. Nov 2011, 09:18 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,

Ive not been around much as the past few months have been very bad for me, to some extent they're not going to get any better soon either. I have a doctors appointment this morning as my depression has got very bad, my wife now hides my pain meds.

Ive been on MXT (20mg)for well over a year, and last May I was put on Sulfa (3g), and I still have a huge psoriasis patch on my head, and various other parts of my body. just not sure if its working enough. Not sure if I should have any patches of psoriasis at all. I saw my Rhuemmy in June / July he said make an appointment for six months and the only appointment I could get was march 2012. Both knees are bad as well as wrists. My sleep pattern is shot I tend to fall asleep around 5 am and then im up by 8am.

my wife had to go into hospital for a complex thyroid removal, which went slightly wrong. So we are both at home and Im meant to be looking after her doing the house work and cooking etc. We just want to kill each other!

And to top it all off ive been referred to dermatologist with possible melanoma. I just want a rest from Arthur and his pals, and people wonder why i'm always miserable and grumpy at the moment. I was just about screaming with the pain in my knees and wrists the other day, I had my wrist braces on as tight as I could get them just to try and get some relief.

And to top it off I just got my forms to reapply for DLA as my current award is up for renewal, just don't have the strength for another battle with them.

Sorry for the moan.

Mark

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi mark this is not good enough can you not phone your rhummy nurse you need help now not in march it sounds to me like your meds are not helping all they should and can your gp chase up the dermitoligist app. for you.
    as for you both being stuck at home i feel for you there had my oh off for 6 months and nearly stabbed him he would get up go to bathroom (it is through kitchen) come back and say to me i could do with a drink well i could have thrown it at him he would go to physio but not do the exercises inbetween you never recover if you do not put the effort in so my advice to you is try to get an hour to your self seperate rooms get head phones on listen to music read a book just have some down time and she can have some as well not ideal but better than spending 24/7 together good luck val
    val
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    Morning Mark,
    I'm so pleased you have a GP appointment this morning.You need to tell him all you've said on here.Everything.
    I am not on these meds...but it seems obvious they are not working.
    Try and get him to push for an earlier appointment.You most certainly need it.
    Vals idea is a good one.Just an hour a day for me time.You need to get out of this dark hole your in.Take one thing at a time.
    It's so easy to be told to snap out of it...and so hard to do.
    You need help and I hope your doctor sees this.
    Come back and let us know how you get on. Some-one is always here to talk to. Lack of sleep is not helping either.
    I hope you have a good GP. May
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Mark

I am also pleased that you have a gp appointment this morning. I hope that when you have told him everything that he can give you advice and meds to help with both your depression and your psoriosis.

If he can't help with psoriosis please ring your rhummy nurse and ask if you can be seen as soon as possible.

Sending a hug (((((((((((())))))))))) and wishing you well

Love Juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh lorica, I am so, so sorry to read your post. There is nothing worse than the unremitting, unrelenting pain, and to have both of you below par at the same time well, no wonder things are a little tense, shall we say? I think you need to be badgering someone (I know the lack of energy makes things difficult) but you should NOT be left like this. I'm worried about you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Wow Mark you have alot on your plate at the moment, know wonder you feel down, haven't you got any family close by to give you a hand with chores or shopping? As for your pain, hopefully when you see your G.P they will give you some stronger meds to help with the pain your suffering. And to top it all off you get DLA renewal papers to reapply. I really feel for you. I hope you get some relief and have some of that weight taken off your shoulders soon.
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Mark,

We haven't "met" yet as I'm relatively new to the Forum but I wanted to say I can sympathise with you a little.

My partner has ME (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) and is also under the care of a urologist at the moment. He's older than me and retired but at weekends we seem to get under each other's feet at times. As he can't do anything at the moment and is sleeping a lot of the day he's therefore not sleeping at night. Vicious circle isn't it? We're now in separate rooms temporarily as I'm working and must get my sleep every night.

I have OA and am in pain most of the time. I find it so hard to be patient not only with my partner but also myself.

I cannot begin to imagine what you are going through with your RA but as the others have said hopefully your GP will be effective and please, please speak to your Rheumy nurse today and say you can't wait until March but need the help now. Try using separate rooms for sleeping (not ideal I know) but it'd give both you and your wife some "me" time and you wouldn't disturb each other.

I wish you all the best and hope that you can get some urgent support soon.

Take care, hugs to both you and your wife.
    Grace
    Turn a negative into a positive!