Aging isn't cheap

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 29. Nov 2011, 17:07 in Community Chit-chat archive
I wear varifocals, which are very expensive. My last pair cost over £300, but as I wear them all the time, I wanted good quality frames and lenses.

You are right that ageing isn't cheap. What with my glasses, false teeth, wooden leg, wig, and toy-boy to maintain, I've hardly got two pence left to rub together :lol:
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    also wear varifocals and it is expensive but can not see these days with out them val
    val
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Sometimes it's better not to see when I look in the mirror these days. Then I can delude myself into thinking I'm not completely over the hill after all :roll: :lol: But Del once decribed me as a ''matron'', so he knows how to boost a girl's morale-(NOT :roll: :lol:)
    Just because he's got lovely silvery long hair ( I'm jealous :!:-Not of the moustache though :shock: )
  • valval
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Sometimes it's better not to see when I look in the mirror these days. Then I can delude myself into thinking I'm not completely over the hill after all :roll: :lol: But Del once decribed me as a ''matron'', so he knows how to boost a girl's morale-(NOT :roll: :lol:)
    Just because he's got lovely silvery long hair ( I'm jealous :!:-Not of the moustache though :shock: )

you do make me laugh just thinking of you with a tash set me off lol
    val
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    You are right that ageing isn't cheap. What with my glasses, false teeth, wooden leg, wig, and toy-boy to maintain, I've hardly got two pence left to rub together :lol:

I'd be happy to help out by relieving you of the expense of the toy boy, Joan, as long as he's not too picky.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • joanlawson
    Options
    valval wrote:
    joanlawson wrote:

Well I have been known to pluck out the odd hair, Val. :lol: That's another thing about ageing, why do the hairs grow where you don't want them, and in the case of some people, fall out from where you do want them :?: It's one of life's unsolved mysteries :roll:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:

I'd be happy to help out by relieving you of the expense of the toy boy, Joan, as long as he's not too picky.

Sorry Sticky, it's a necessary expense I'm prepared to pay :lol::lol:
  • stickywicket
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    joanlawson wrote:

Sorry Sticky, it's a necessary expense I'm prepared to pay :lol::lol:

Hope you don't think I'm being nosey, Joan, but I've just realised that the NHS will, to some extent, help with the other expenses. Does it.....do you.....can you....ie could I? Hm, must look into this.
    Steven Wright
  • valval
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    valval wrote:
    joanlawson wrote:

Well I have been known to pluck out the odd hair, Val. :lol: That's another thing about ageing, why do the hairs grow where you don't want them, and in the case of some people, fall out from where you do want them :?: It's one of life's unsolved mysteries :roll:

my chinny chin chin i also pluck lol why are they so dark???????? does any one know where the heck have put my lady razor legs starting to resemble wrestlers
    val
  • joanlawson
    Options
    They're dark and wiry, or worse still, white and wiry :shock:

I cut myself while shaving my legs in the bath yesterday, but didn't notice until I was drying myself with a lovely new white towel. It looked as though there'd been a massacre with blood everywhere. :roll: How can so much blood leak out of such a tiny cut :?: Another of life's unsolved mysteries :roll:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hope you don't think I'm being nosey, Joan, but I've just realised that the NHS will, to some extent, help with the other expenses. Does it.....do you.....can you....ie could I? Hm, must look into this.

Well there are some rather dishy young doctors who might come free on prescription if you look around :lol::lol:
  • stickywicket
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Deep in the bowels of City hospital there is a department, building new bodies from spare parts unwittingly donated by patients.. kinda spooky no?

I donated my first knee wittingly. My rheumatologist came panting up after I’d had my pre-med craving the knee they were about to remove. For research. According to a friend who worked there, my orthopaedic surgeon was renowned for walking along the corridor with a bucketful of knees every Monday morning.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    A bucket full of knees? :shock: Cripes. Did he save them from the week before or was it a case of mass knee removal on Mondays?

Not only is aging expensive, so is disability. I will be purchasing (in the very near future) a rollator. I'm going for the basic cheap-and-cheerful at £65 but that is still a deal of money to my way of thinking. Getting my own is a darn sight quicker than getting involved with the social or other agencies, so yes it's my choice, but I do wish it was one I did not have to make. :roll: Blasted arthritis. :sad: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Options
    Thats it, oh you rotten lot, a vision of a lady sitting in the bath doing her legs..... white blobs of shaving cream floating round on the cooling, grey water, a hairy leg sticks up, lazy steam giving up its heat to the cold night air, a dripping tap...... agghhhhhhhhh!

Oh this mind of mine!
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    A bucket full of knees? :shock: Cripes. Did he save them from the week before or was it a case of mass knee removal on Mondays?

Not only is aging expensive, so is disability. I will be purchasing (in the very near future) a rollator. I'm going for the basic cheap-and-cheerful at £65 but that is still a deal of money to my way of thinking. Getting my own is a darn sight quicker than getting involved with the social or other agencies, so yes it's my choice, but I do wish it was one I did not have to make. :roll: Blasted arthritis. :sad: DD

DD
    Assume you will have a drinks tray securely attached to the front?
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Under the seat there is a little wire basket. :wink: Mr DD is going to buy some reins so that when it's 'Time Gentlemen Please!' at the Plump Feline I can point the rollator down hill, take a seat and roll gently home, being held in check by himself. Sorted! :grin: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben