Wind up!

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 25. Nov 2011, 13:59 in Community Chit-chat archive
I hope you all have the gazebo down the garden furniture etc all stowed away coz they say there's a big old storm a coming!, the good news ie the last of the leaves on my two cherry trees will be blown into next doors garden saving me a job!. |for every down side there's an up!.

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    I hope you all have the gazebo down the garden furniture etc all stowed away coz they say there's a big old storm a coming!, the good news ie the last of the leaves on my two cherry trees will be blown into next doors garden saving me a job!. |for every down side there's an up!.

do you chop any branches off your cherry tree want to lop some off mine but not sure wether to or not.
    hope leaves blow away nearly cleared them earlyer so will leave it and see lol val
    val
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    My OH did ours last week and has since read it is too early to lop branches off a cherry tree,

E
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • valval
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    My OH did ours last week and has since read it is too early to lop branches off a cherry tree,

E

when should you then????
    val
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    When is the storm coming? It's like a summer's day here at the moment, and unbelievably warm for November. At this time last year, it was the start of the big freeze, and we were all coping with the snow. What a difference a year makes! I've had the last few strawberries in my garden this week, and a clematis has burst into bloom again.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    Options
    roses have flowers it a shame to prune them looks like i to late to do tree thought you had to wait till sap stopped riseing will never get this gardening thing sorted lol val
    val
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Isn't it great Joan I'm all for global warming helps me flippers storms coming tomorrow so they say mind you it's blowy here right now, as for pruning trees we had ours done in September I think the guy wanted to come late August but was booked till then, anyway I keep thinking about having one taken down as these are really old for cherries but so long as they are well I guess we will leave them alone, it will make some great fire wood when we do though!.
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    Don't want to worry anyone but when we had branches chopped off our cherry it upped and died TAKE CARE!!!