note to self

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 30. Nov 2011, 07:46 in Community Chit-chat archive
well it is a stupid thing to do i know but seemed like a good idea at the time. kitchen floor was well :oops: :oops: :oops: forgot to buy a mop so thought knee been great since injection kicked in so will get on hands and knees and give it a wash, first two bits ok not much prob but last bit well could not get up. good job was near door with strong handle had to heave myself up sat with leg up lol i do do some stupid things but floor and cupboard doors look much better lol val
val

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ooh dear, Val. That was a silly thing to do, but it's easy to forget if you aren't in pain at the time. Thank goodness you managed to get up or you might have been sitting there all day :shock: My kneeling days are over as my knees can't take any pressure, so I've got it off to a fine art doing the cleaning with mops/ long-handled feather dusters etc. What I can't reach doesn't get done, I'm afraid. I read that you don't notice the dust after four years anyway. :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Knees are a no-no, Val, however temporarily good they may feel. (But you just worked that out, didn't you?) It was shoulders that I opted to knacker yesterday as the bathroom, loo & kitchen floors all needed a wash and Mr SW doesn't understand the concept of corners or awkward bits behind the loo and washbasin pedestals and towel rail. My floors look lovely: my shoulders feel less so.

Joan - the 4 yr dust thing. My younger son was a great believer in this. I can tell you, you do when it gets up your nose.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • valval
    Options
    Knees are a no-no, Val, however temporarily good they may feel. (But you just worked that out, didn't you?) It was shoulders that I opted to knacker yesterday as the bathroom, loo & kitchen floors all needed a wash and Mr SW doesn't understand the concept of corners or awkward bits behind the loo and washbasin pedestals and towel rail. My floors look lovely: my shoulders feel less so.

Joan - the 4 yr dust thing. My younger son was a great believer in this. I can tell you, you do when it gets up your nose.

hope shoulder bit better today must get a mop lol
    val
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Options
    Kneeler (gardening) pads, 99p in Wilcos! Paracetamol 99p as well!
  • valval
    Options
    Airwave! wrote:
    Kneeler (gardening) pads, 99p in Wilcos! Paracetamol 99p as well!

silly i know but have got one just never thought to use it pay 29p for tabs val
    val