My doctor's appointment!

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 28. Nov 2011, 05:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone, thought I would report back on what happened at my doctors appointment. I discussed my thoughts regarding my tummy problems, the type of pain, and the tummy cramps. My G.P agreed with everything I said and also agreed that there's a strong chance it is Endrometriosis on the bowel. She felt my tummy and said it could well be on my stomach as well. So got an appointment to see the Gynacologest on 21st January 2012. And hopefully he will sort out a laposcopy and if it is what I feel it is they can arrange to remove it and fingers crossed will have a happy tummy and bowel again after 4yrs! Will be asking you guys for pocket duties nearer the date.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    :sad: . Endo is nasty nasty nasty, I hope they can sort this out for you. My friend has had it for years and it has a catastrophic effect on her. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options
    Hi Angela.
    i'm pleased your doctor's helping your tummy problem
    i will be there for you on the 12 jan.
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Thank you for your nice messages! And Dachshund my names Amanda not Anglea!th_SuperhappyGOOD-TheFastest.gifth_thoeps.gif

th_whsup1.gif
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Amanda,
    Well I am glad your doctor is referring you, after 4 years of suffering I am sure you just want it confirmed and action taken for it.
    Wouldn’t it be great if it was all sorted for early spring and then as you say be tummy pain free.

Will be there for your appointment no worries,
    Lv, I x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    hi Amanda,

after so much messing about you be pleased they are going to see you at last. as I said i too hope they can get you sorted by the spring and myself and thins lot are up for pocket duties in January but remind us flower cus they only write in crayons and i have no memory.

hope you feel ok about it all and leaving you a cyber ((( ))). Cris x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hi Amanda

well done good appointment. :smile:

Of course l will be up for pocket duties in January, but as Cris said a reminder will be a good idea :oops:

Love

Toni xx
  • SheilaD
    SheilaD Member Posts: 201
    Options
    Hi Amanda

So glad you got an appointment. I will be ready for pocket duty in January

Love n hugs
    SheilaD xx
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Thank you again for all your kind messages, and yes will put a reminder up on the forum closer to the date!

th_AN_CUT_OFF.gif
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options
    Hi Amanda.
    sorry i will be there for you as well. have a good weekend.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I have to go to the hospital for another scan next month. The MRI showed up a cyst in the pelvic cavity and I know I had endometrosis on the bowel, when I had my hystorectomy and overies removed 25 years ago!

Unlike you, I had no pain or any symptoms at all and if it hadn't been for the MRI of my sacroiliac joints, I'd still be none the wiser!

I hope all goes well for you and they can get the problem solved without any difficulty and you'll be able enjoy Christmas! Endometrosis seems to be quite keen to hang on to us, be nice if they could find a quick and easy treatment that cured it. :wink: Good LUck,love Sue xxx
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Here, here Woodbon!! I wish there was a quick easy fix, but life is just not that simple! Especially for us women!!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Amanda
    I have everything crossed that you get an early appointment..and get something sorted very soon..wishing you well with it all.xx
    Love
    Barbara