Wish me luck for job interview please

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 30. Nov 2011, 08:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,
I'm currently working 52wks (apart from annual leave) a year full-time in an office for a Local Authority. I've applied for - and very luckily - been called in for an interview for a f/t term-time only PA/Secretary role in a junior school. This is 1st December.

Working term time only would give me more time to rest throughout the year and would ensure I get regular breaks. I feel that would help my joints as I'm struggling rather now.

Wish me luck please? Thanks.

Grace.
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Of course I wish you luck, Grace. It would clearly make life so much easier for you. Here's hoping.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Of course I will wish you luck Grace..I really will have everything crossed for you, please let us know how you get on.
    Love
    Barbara
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Grace,

Good luck with the interview and I hope that you get the position. When I cut back to working part time I did feel a lot better although with travelling time it only gave me a few more hours at home but the main thing was less pressure.

Fingers crossed for you,

Lv, I x
  • GraceB
    Thanks everyone. I'll naturally let you all know how I get on.
    Grace.
  • Lupin25
    Lupin25 Member Posts: 35
    Best of luck with your interview Grace,sounds ideal for you.
    Let us know how you get on. xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Ooooooh Grace, this sounds like a plan! I wish you the very best and I hope it comes to pass. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    will be sending positive vibes your way to help good luck val
    val
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    hi Grace,

wishing you good luck and we here have our fingers and toes crossed for you as it would make things so much easier for you. Cris x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    HI Grace

all the very very very best of luck...fingers toes etc( :shock: ), will be crossed for you l promise

Love

toni xx
  • totoes
    totoes Member Posts: 14
    The VERY best of British to you Grace, hope it all works out for you xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    I do hope that you get the job, Grace. It would be ideal, those holidays to re-charge your batteries. I should think a good few people will be wanting that job!

I shall keep my fingers crossed for you on the 1st.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • ruthross
    ruthross Member Posts: 33
    Good luck Grace,
    My interview tip is to make sure you are practised and prepared - maybe do a practice interview this weekend with someone. I hope you get it - I know that I wouldn't be able to work full time any more.
    best of luck
    Ruth
  • SheilaD
    SheilaD Member Posts: 201
    Good luck with your interview, I certainly do hope you get it. I only work part time and it is a blessing.

Love n hugs
    SheilaD xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    The best of luck with your interview Grace, will keep everything that I can cross safely crossed for you! Let us all know how you got on please!
  • GraceB
    This is even more important now as I found out this morning I'm at risk of being made redundant again for the second year in a row. So sickening as we all went through this last year, having to re-apply for jobs. At no time did management say the jobs we were allocated were time limited in this way. Feeling rather fed up with everything today.
    Grace.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I'm so sorry about the news Grace and I hope you find a new job soon, will keep my fingers crossed for you! Hope the new year will bring better things for you.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Chin up girl, it's the interview tomorrow and that needs to be your focus now - blow 'em away with your utter suitability for the job, yes? Good luck, I will be thinking of you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    DD is spot on, Grace. Go for it. May the AC force be with you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Go to the interview with it in your mind that you are just what they are looking for.................. :smile:
    Best of luck
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)