Burning feet

Options
wannabewriter
wannabewriter Member Posts: 114
edited 28. Nov 2011, 06:06 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all

I wondered if anyone else has this. I have OA in knees and fibro all over. Sometimes my hands and arms get stiff, but I always attributed that to fibro really.

But recently, the balls of my feet are AGONY, like they are burning, even thoguh I live in flat shoes. It doesn't matter if I'm barefoot, wearing trainers or slippers or boots or whatever, this burning feeling just won't go away at all even when I am sitting down.

Could it be arthritis related do you think?

WW

x

Comments

• Emily
    Emily Member Posts: 124
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have got the same in hands and feet for years have been told that it is to do with circulation.
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi WW,
    Yes I get the awful burning with my feet; it usually comes on more by the end of the day. I would contact the podiatrist if you have one to get it checked out. Do you have the feeling that you are walking on pebbles or a rolled up sock?
    I have Morton’s neuroma in my right foot but I do find insoles help with that.
    I hope it eases soon,

Lv, I x
  • wannabewriter
    wannabewriter Member Posts: 114
    Options
    I thought at first it might be the inside of my new boots; I put in insoles, wore different shoes, put insoles in those but to no avail! :(

It's kind of tingly, like I've lost the top layers of my skin. In essence, like a burn when you've caught yourself on the oven or something, that kind of stinging. And it's definitely worse when I stand up. Not sure about feeling like I'm walking over something like pebbles; the feeling seems to have numbed it in a slightly ironic way, as all i can feel is the tingling! So I'm not sure how to compare what it feels like in terms of when I'm walking. If that made any sense whatsoever! :roll:
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    It might seem daft but do you think you are having an allergic reaction? My feet peel if I walk on or ware shoes with plastic soles.

Have you tried salt water soaks?

I x
  • totoes
    totoes Member Posts: 14
    Options
    I've a permanent sun-burn sensation down the back of my leg & along the outer side of my foot since my back went 2 & half yrs ago. Surgery didn't cure it. Trying to subdue it (and my cough) by titrating pregabalin (lyrica) by 25mgs a week.

I know my condition is different to yours, but I understand your burning sensation. Hope yours gets sorted soon x
  • ciderman
    ciderman Member Posts: 3
    Options
    have yourself checked for the possibility of polyneuropathy.I had the same symptoms along with a numbness in parts of my feet and toes.The gp at first thought it was planter f. but when I kept saying that the treatment wasnt working I was referred to a consultant who eventually diagnosed my condition.
  • arfaitis
    arfaitis Member Posts: 155
    Options
    Another possibility is gout, which is a arthritis related.
    Get well soon.

Arfa
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    I've noticed sometimes that my toes feel as if they have something hot on them. The funny thing is that my feet are usually cold. I wondered if it was a nerve problem?
    Love Sue xxx
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    Hi, Fibro can do it too, best get checked out by doc hun.xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    There are loads of teeny tiny joints in the feetsies wannabe.

nti-inflams are you best bet and mentioning it to the doc next time you go.

Love

Toni xx