Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

what's wonga!?.

mellman01mellman01 Posts: 5,303
edited 28. Nov 2011, 03:21 in Community Chit-chat archive
Is it me or does anyone else find the old people puppets on the Wonga.com add a bit creepy?. :lol:
Oh and if anyone knows where that t**t from the go compare add live let me know as I keep getting an urge to punch him each time he starts shouting.

Comments

• valvalvalval Posts: 15,897
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    mellman01 wrote:
    Is it me or does anyone else find the old people puppets on the Wonga.com add a bit creepy?. :lol:
    Oh and if anyone knows where that t**t from the go compare add live let me know as I keep getting an urge to punch him each time he starts shouting.

sorry always skip the adds they all drive me nuts val
    val
  • daylilydaylily Posts: 641
    Hi Mell, I believe the gentleman from the adverts comes from LLandudno.
  • mellman01mellman01 Posts: 5,303
    Have you ever been to Fishguard that's also an experience give me Pembrokeshire any day, a little bit of heaven in this crowed and fragmented Isle.
  • jillyb1jillyb1 Posts: 1,725
    The wonga puppet with glasses is the image of my odd demented aunt , so yes , the ad does freak me out a little ! Jillyb
  • bubblesbubbles Posts: 6,508
    oh those wonga puppets are horrific, not quite as horrific as the interest rates of 4214% OH MY GOOD LORD. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: just had a nosey at their website, (other rip off sharks are available)
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • frogmortonfrogmorton Posts: 26,168 ✭✭✭
    I actually quite like them :oops:

BUT am angry at WHAT they are advertising (nicely sandwiched between the ads for Chrsitmas prezzies and other 'must haves') and to whom

Reassuring eh?

You can trust older folks - they are experienced and trustworthy. Pretty good marketting l suppose Mell.

Love Toni xx
    Love

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
    They are a little creepy but at least they serve as a good warning that the programme I was watching is coming back after the addy break (as I fast-forward thro those tiresome things). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben