help info please

Options
magnolialady
magnolialady Member Posts: 23
edited 28. Nov 2011, 14:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
has anyone had any treatment PRFN for cervical facet neck joint pain.i have had osteo and rheumatoid arthritis for years.i have injections twice a year but have been offered this treatment ,didnt like sound of it so wanted any first hand info .many thanks.have been abrowser of this forum for years.thanks for any info.

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm sorry, I havn't heard of it either but have you tried googleing it? Its amazing what you can find out!

Typed it into google and it tells you a bit about it. I'm not quite sure I understand it all. If you are thinking of having it I'd want to talk to the doctor who suggested it or your GP. I always like to know exactly what I'm letting myself in for!!!

Hope all goes well for you, whatever you decide.
    Love Sue xxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    hi Magnolia lady

love the name cus i love the moon tress :grin:

they talked about doing this but then decided mine was too shot for me to be a suitable candidate.

i did talk to someone who was in ti have theirs turned up and they said it was very good for about 3-5 months at a time but then needed turning up.... i guess till they find the level that holds?

i would have had it had they thought it would be good for me so my advice, for what its worth, is try it.....if they have tried some other things and its worked well then you have a good chance of it really helping you.

i think i failed to be a good candidate cus the nerve blocks stopped working and they have taken me down the supportive only route now.

there was someone who had it for lower down their back and here and he said it worked really well. sadly he doesn't seem to be here any more but i do hope he see's your post and comes in on it. let us know what they decide and f you go for it. nice to meet you. Cris x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    sorry can not help but wanted to say ask for more infomation then you can make informed decision nothing worse than being scared because you have no idea what will happen good luck val
    val
  • magnolialady
    magnolialady Member Posts: 23
    Options
    thank you for info i know what it entails but am not convinced.i have injections in my neck etc twice a year and am satisfied with that.surgeon suggested this alternative but dont think i will proceed.am going to have extensive surgery on ankles soon so thats enough to be going on with.thank you for making me welcome.x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Hi Magnolia lady

welcome to the forums from me.

Along with many on these forums l too have cervical spondylosis.

I too googled it liek Sue and think it looks very interesting.

I would be very interested to hear more.

Love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Magnolia lady
    Sorry I cant help, but I just want to welcome you to the forum, and I really do wish you well with everything.
    Love
    Barbara
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi magnolia lady

I haven't heard of this treatment so it will be very interesting to read how it has helped you if you decide to take up the offer.

Good luck and I hope it is successful
    Love Juliepf x