Weird Ankles

Options
scozzie
scozzie Member Posts: 333
edited 29. Nov 2011, 02:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,

For a couple of days, Friday and Saturday, my ankles have been great (well relatively speaking), to such an extent that I was beginning to doubt whether I actually needed the cortisone injection I'm booked for on Friday week. Then yesterday I was wearing just normal men's dress shoes and my ankles got cold, and apart from last night in bed when my feet felt like they were burning but were ok to touch, and now today I'm wearing two pairs of socks and good hiking boots and they are killing me and they're still freezing. So walking around is an absolute pain, but there again sitting down's not much better ... lol.

It's amazing how much things can change from day to day.

I really must find a pair of good dress boots, preferrably fur lined.

Cheers
Scozzie

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry your ankles are playing up, scozzie. I guess that's arthritis for you. It lulls you into a false sense of security then, wham, it hits again. Go for the jabs!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    Scozzie

l do hope those ankles settle down for you soon with/without the cortizone jab x:(

I have a lovely pair of furlined boots l got from Cl*rkes last year (maybe even the year before) they are also steady in snow....leave 'cl*rkes' printed in teh snow though....

love

toni xx
  • scozzie
    Options
    Thanks ladies, I explained to my wife, when I got home from work, that my ankles feel brittle ... even a good shower hasn't done a thing for my ankles, apart from cleaning them ... lol

scozzie
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Hi Scozzie,

Sorry to hear about your ankles..
    This arthritis amazes me too, one day we are fine and dandy the next we are doubled over..It certainly works in mysterious ways..

Hope things ease up soon, i wear fluffy socks and sometimes 3 or 4 pairs as my feet can get very cold, and i know they do some special thermal ones, not sure what they are called though..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • scozzie
    Options
    Ok, today my ankles aren't cold, which is a relief ... although they are still sore, but not to the same extent as yesterday ... and again last night my forefeet were burning up.

I am beginning to think I may have tarsal tunnel in both feet, but whether that's being caused by OA or an Infammatory Arthritis or even something else I'm not gonna guess at.

Oh well, roll on the cortisone injection, I'm getting one in one foot, on Friday the 9th with the other scheduled for the following Friday if I find there's a beneficial effect, if not I've to cancel.

scozzie
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    make sure your rest for 24 hours it helps them work had one in knee and one in surnum and they have both worked a treat nearly canceled knee as was bit better but was glad did not has helped so much val
    val