DLA - GP Update

Options
Fedup
Fedup Member Posts: 38
edited 28. Nov 2011, 19:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well im back from seeing my GP, he was amazing, he filled in the form with all my different conditions and how long I had had them, he also filled in all the medication im taking, he then had to fill in questions about different things for example - how well I can provide my own personal care, how well I can dress/undress and how well I can walk around as well as what aids I use to help myself. He said they would scan the document onto the system so they had an up to date record of my condition and also what he had said on the form, he then advised me that if my claim was rejected that I was to appeal and I would get his/the GP practice full support in any appeal as he feels I am entitled to the benefit, he also said he felt that not enough people claim because of the form (Just a message to those out there who are put off by the form!).

So im feelig very positive about things now :grin: and hopefully they will not need any further information and that with his support this will be enough to get the ok.

Does anyone know if the DLA are likely to want me to see their own doctor or whether my GPs information is enough?.

I will of course let you all know what happens next. :P
Julie xxx

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Julie

well done you lass l reckon you and your Gp have done a great job. the form being scanned makes it easier to remember what you put incase you ever need to appeal/fill the forms in again in the future.

I believe the medicals by the DLA are hit and miss, but would have thought with such comprehensive information you ought to be one of the lucky ones who doesn't have one. Now wouldn't that be nice???

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Fedup. I have seen the DLA doc three times and last time they didn't bother so i just got the award. It just depends. If it is first award they may get their guy to visit at your house.
    Well done to your GP.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    Firstly well done doc for being so supportive to 'Fed Up', wish there were more of you about.

With regards to DLA they are a law unto themselves and what might be right one day ......

Hopefully the evidence is so thorough but you can never tell.

Hope all goes well for ya.

Take care, n thanks for letting us know.xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    Hi and another good GP, who cares about his patients and offers support and assistance. I always send my GP a copy of any forms, so that they have up to date info.
    Medicals seem to be random, I have had one, as have many more forum members.
    I hope that the info is more than enough for them to make the right decision in your favour. Take care and look forward to good news. XX Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    hi Julie,

well done to your gp! as the others say shame there are not a few more like that.

hang in there flower and as being seen i think its a bit in the lap of the gods...... sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. fingers crossed for you. Cris x