Doctor was not amused

babytiger
babytiger Member Posts: 360
edited 29. Nov 2011, 03:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
Went to doctors this evening to try and get stronger painkillers for night time as I was only on codeine which didnt touch the pain, plus my knee seems to have seized altogether
What a lovely woman, she has prescribed me Tramadol to take 1 at night(she said that should work) I hope so plus when she heard I had 4 flights of stairs to climb s,she couldnt believe it and said I need to be moved and shoiuldnt be climbing that many and thats whats agrivating my knee.
Then she asked how Im coping with showers and baths,I told her I havent had a shower yet and struggle with baths,getting in and out.She couldnt believe Id never had a visit from Occup.therapist or been assessed,she told me to phone them tomorrow and ask for assessment and if I get no joy(which I no I wont) I have to give her the phone number and her name on wednesday. She was disgusted that I had had no care since I came home at all

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    sounds a lovely doc some people just do not do there job properly she will not get them wed they will be on strike i bet val
    val
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    I'm glad you are getting the support you need. In my borough you have to self refer, which I think is wrong.
    Best of luck.
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Gosh babytiger 4 flights of steps, your poor knees.
    (you don't need physio you do the exercise your self :shock: )

I hope you get the help you need shortly. Your doctor seems very helpful.

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'm very glad you have a good GP, babytiger. Hang on to her. They are very precious to us who have long term conditions.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    So glad you have a good dr babytiger cos they are hard to find hope you get some help soon.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Great news..
    Things will be so much easier when OT come round and provide aids and adaptions, life is made easier for me with there help..Hope things get sorted for you soon..xx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi
    What a difference a good GP makes, how lovely of her ,hopefully now you will get all the help you need...I do wish you well with it all...
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Hi Baby tiger, nice to meet you. 4 flights of stairs, eeek. No wonder you are in agonies. SO, glad that you have a fabulous GP, it is always good to hear from people who are supported by their first point of medical help and advice. The OT will certainly do what they can, they helped me and my OH as much as they could. Keep us posted and take lots of care. Hope the new meds help. XX Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    oh BT what good news and well over due as well!

i so hope that the o/t will not keep you waiting too long and so glad that your gp is so kind. it makes it so much easier.

hope the trams did help, they can be a good drug if thy suit you so hang in there. Cris x
  • babytiger
    babytiger Member Posts: 360
    Thanks for all your support and its good to know that Im not the only one like this. The trams. were great, had 1 at 10pm and I slept like a log till 3am ,took 2 paracetamol and it seemed to knock me out again. The first time I've actually slept properly since coming out of hospital