Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

socks

pinkbritishstarspinkbritishstars Posts: 731
edited 29. Nov 2011, 14:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
Who else finds it a nightmare getting socks on and off?

Comments

• dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Quite a few of us, it is a nightmare but they are useful things in the cooler months. There are gadgets around but I don't know how useful they are. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicketstickywicket Posts: 25,993 ✭✭✭
    Indispensible as far as I'm concerned. No sock aid: no socks. You can buy them in any disability shop, on or off line. I was given mine by my hospital.

How are you doing, Pink? I guess you finally got off to sleep?
    “There is always a well-known solution to every human problem - neat, plausible, and wrong.” H.L. Mencken
  • lulululululu Posts: 486
    if I don't have to go out I amble around the house in mens sport socks as they are big and loose and easy to get on and of as I struggle even with the gadgets so I made my own gadget which is just stick with two bent nails hammered in. one gadget for each hand. I use these socks for bed socks too for the same reason.
  • zechariahzechariah Posts: 222
    I dont bother with socks at home, I have an old military sleeping bag that my legs live in :)
  • agslegsagslegs Posts: 28
    Good idea lululu - I never thought of wearing oversized socks but then I am relatively new to all this.

I find socks and tights a nightmare but socks are that much easier than tights. I will look out for that gadget :))