A question about my chilli plant.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 3. Dec 2011, 07:49 in Community Chit-chat archive
I know I could google this and find out but I much prefer picking people's brains. I have had a chilli plant since August/September time (I think). It stands in a pot on my kitchen window sill and, much to my amazement, I have failed to kill it.

The few chillies that are remaining did not achieve much in the way of size and are now gently shrivelling, so I guess it's time to remove them but - and it's an astonishing but in my eyes - little white flowers are appearing again! Yikes!

There is also a lovely profusion of roots creeping out from bottom of t'pot, so I guess re-potting may be on the agenda. I am a total gardening numpty and would appreciate advice from you knowledgeable people out there about the repotting, the removal of shrivelled things and where it should be kept over winter. (We do not have a greenhouse.) DD

t7752.gif
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Big believer in repotting here , shrivelled things can be saved for reseeding and new flowers mean possible new fruit ! I'd keep it on a windowsill but protected from frost , ie curtain or newspaper between plant and glass . My final advice would be don't bring it anywhere near me ! I have the knowhow re plants but that's all ; provided I instruct hubby and avoid going near our plants ~ they flourish ; if I go near them , they die instantly ! Jillyb
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    No idea I'm afraid DD. I tend to drown plants - they usually die quickly. Can't say it's painless for them though, suspect not!
    Good luck, I hope you get the answers you need.
    Grace.
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • pettel
    pettel Bots Posts: 45
    Options
    repot, remove old chillies and protect from frost. should return to full health.
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    No Idea dd.....but I am reading all your replies

Plants+Julie= disaster
    x:cry:

Hope your plant revives.

Juliepf x
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    What the!??, I posted on here about your success but it's flippin well not here!, is something afoot with the AC forum??. Hey maybe I've been hacked by some scumbag from the daily b******d, flippin Murdoch I'll swing for him so I will!.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Thank you everyone, re-potting will be carried out sometime next week, hands permitting. I will let you know how things progress! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben