Have you ever tried this ?

s010.gif

......or this?

s015.gif

.......or this?

th_skating.gif

........or this?

th_thhondenslee2.gif

I've tried the first three (pre-arthur), and loved them all, but not the last one. It's a dream of mine to ride on a sleigh pulled by a team of huskies through the snow.
Have any of you ever done that :?:

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    done the first three but only on the wii pre arther lol would love the sleigh ride val
    val
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    I used to be able to skate and ski quite well, but those days are long-gone now. I think it would be great to whiz through the snow pulled along by huskies. It's on my list of things to do before I die :grin:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I've always wanted to train for speed skating, I love the rhythm and elegance of it and I always watch it on the Winter Olympics. I never tried ski-ing, I love the idea of snowboarding but they were always things I was going to get around to (including ballroom and tap dancing): arthritis has taught me (too late, I know) never to delay, give stuff a whirl why you can and never assume that it will always be something you can do later in life. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    I used to love ice skating and found it a fantastic way to meet men when I was young , carefree , fit and healthy . I would skate gracefully towards the one I liked the look of and fall at their feet ! Jillyb
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Wellllllll, with a few inches of snow on the ground last year, I dragged my old gear out and skied (a barely controlled slide) down the cliff....... just the once, easy peasy, the walk back nearly killed me!

Daft aren't we? The temptation was overpowering, OH was doing her nut, nice to give in to it though.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    There you go Joan, loads of places even in the UK

https://www.google.com/search?q=husky rides

Thanks for the link Del. The places in the UK look good fun, but I would like to experience the real thing somewhere snowy as in this video. I would like someone else to do the driving though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_gP6nhS7jQ
  • joanlawson
    Options
    DD, I agree with you about speed skating. The skaters make it look so easy too.
    I'm so glad that I did skating and ski-ing when I had the opportunity and the the physical ability. There's nothing quite like the exhilaration you feel the first time you ski down a slope without falling over, or when you manage to skate around the rink without having to hold onto the side. I will never be able to do that again now, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Jilly, I never tried that, but it was a good idea :lol:

Airwave, I can understand why you wanted to ski, but down a cliff :?: :shock: No wonder it was a steep climb back up :!:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Done skiing in Miittenwald Germany and surfed in Trinidad
    Done some water skiing which is a sort of 20mph coldwater enema I was crap at all of them :lol:

Well at least you had a go at them, Len :lol::lol:

I was never very keen on the idea of water ski-ing or surfing because I don't like going underwater, which I would have been bound to do. I get teased because I swim with my head above water at all times and never get my hair wet :roll:
  • Airwave!
    Options
    Joan,
    Bit hard to describe the temptation to do something like that, a physical urge stronger than....?

I wish I could do that every week!
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Airwave! wrote:
    Joan,
    Bit hard to describe the temptation to do something like that, a physical urge stronger than....?

I wish I could do that every week!

.......a physical urge stronger than your common sense warns you about :lol::lol:

But we're a long time dead, so it's a good to live dangerously from time to time. We should all stop worrying, and start living :lol:
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    oh a reindeer sleigh ride, way up in the arctic circle, then watch the northern lights. I would have to wrapped up like Nanook of the North though, just my eyes peeping out r045.gif something I would love to do, given the chance.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • joanlawson
    Options
    bubbles wrote:
    oh a reindeer sleigh ride, way up in the arctic circle, then watch the northern lights. I would have to wrapped up like Nanook of the North though, just my eyes peeping out r045.gif something I would love to do, given the chance.

Here you go, Bubbles, but you might have to share it with a rather plump man dressed in red :lol:

th_SantaandhisReindeer-1.gif
  • Airwave!
    Options
    before you all worry about my mental state, it was the grassy bit on top not the whole way down! Nice though.....