edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Done mine today looks all christmasy..lovely..xx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    No, not yet. It's a bit too early for me, but I love to see the Christmas trees and lights in all the town centres. It makes you feel cheerful and happy :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    We've put ours up today x:-D I got a potted tree so that I can re plant after Christmas, with a bit of luck we'll be able to use it again next year x:-P
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I put the tree up on 1st December, it's a pre-lit one with 300 lights. On the 2nd I added another 150 lights. That's it so far. The Santas, angels and tinsel will be added a few at a time over the next week. On the 27th December the removal process shall start, again being spread over a few days so that by New Year's Eve we are back to a tree and lights. I hope this will ease the 'payback' of trying to do too much in a short space of time. DD

t7752.gif
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I put the tree up on 1st December, it's a pre-lit one with 300 lights. On the 2nd I added another 150 lights. That's it so far. The Santas, angels and tinsel will be added a few at a time over the next week. On the 27th December the removal process shall start, again being spread over a few days so that by New Year's Eve we are back to a tree and lights. I hope this will ease the 'payback' of trying to do too much in a short space of time. DD

t7752.gif

Sounds like a good idea DD, wish i had thought of that before attempting to do it all yesterday lol..x
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    thinking of starting mine today thought about a real one and new decs so would not have to get old one down but that would be a waste of money so will do it a little at a time like last year so today find tree and xmas cards and list they there some where lol.
    when i put them away in the new year am going to put list on each suit case what is in each one will save half the effort if can go straight to each val
    val
  • pettel
    pettel Bots Posts: 45
    Options
    mines up
  • valval
    Options
    tree is up lights are on rest will do another day decs and tinsel then fairy on the top val
    val
  • valval
    Options
    looks american anf got loads of blow ups r u sure you not telling us fibs del if it is yours how much does it cost to run all those decs and do they keep house warm lol great pic val
    val
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Good grief it's only the 5th of the month, weeks to go yet. The tree can be put up on the 24th and down again after a few days. The turkey takes a bit longer.
  • valval
    Options
    takes ages with arther to get tree up needs time of wiped out for christmas val
    val
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Have put my Christmas tree up in my office.A fibre optic tree,just plonk on a filing cabinet,plug in,job done!Is nice when things are quiet to turn off lights and just sit there with just the tree lights.......very cosy.. x:-)
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    My Tree is up :grin:

We put it up on the saturday 3rd

juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I bought some more lights yesterday and spent the afternoon draping those around the tree so now it's smothered in 750 of 'em. This morning I have been doing the Santas and have only broken one and dropped five, so not too bad. This afternoon it will the the tinsel and the finishing touches as things are feeling OK: ah, just remembered I haven't methed! Maybe the tinsel etc tomorrow in that case. So far, so good, so perhaps it's best to aim to keep it that way! DD

t7752.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It's six feet. It's looking good even if I say so myself. DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Not up yet...

gotta wait till after the youngest's birthday x;)
  • valval
    Options
    tree up and finnished except fairy on top will get one of lads to do that looks fab even if i do say so myself val
    val
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    It happened whilst I was out, I came in surprised to find a large green tree had appeared in the lounge with furniture moved to give it a special place of its own. Decoration duties have been reserved for our 18month old giggling monster (g/s) so everything will be about 2 feet up and on the same two branches! I wonder if he will get past the chocolate money?
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    delboy wrote:

You're obviously an expert tree and decoration putter-upper, Del, so please will you come and do mine x:?: You don't live too far away, so I'm willing to pay travel expenses and reward you with a pint of Christmas ale x:-D

( Even a kiss under the mistletoe- now how can you possibly refuse x:?: x:-D )
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    Options
    tree done window done even fire suround and mirror all done tim doing ceiling for me can not manage thet knee already screaming and foot throbbing that one nice and warm lol will not mention hand and shoulder does remind me i am very right sided lol all lights turned on looks so nice
    val
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Drum roll ladies and gentleman!! Yes the White house now has it's tree up and a couple of pieces of tinsel!! The other half made it look like I was putting him through water tourture when I bossed him where to put the tree and decorations!! But at least it's up! I tell you this much if I'm well and on my feet next Christmas I'm going to pimp my house out mad with decorations!! x:lol: