Re:NHS and Cameron's speech

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 7. Dec 2011, 12:18 in Community Chit-chat archive
Just watching "Dave the geezer" Cameron talking on his plans for the NHS, now is it me or is he offering us all up as guinea pigs to the big pharmaceutical companies for some kind of minimal kick back or does it just sound like he is?.

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    We were all assured in the run up to the election that the NHS was safe in the hands of the Conservatives, but I don't trust them an inch. I haven't heard all the details yet, so I will reserve judgement for the time being, but I'm highly suspicious about links with private companies.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Hi Joan I'm with you 100% on this, It's mad on one hand you have NICE refusing treatment due to cost yet now it seems from what he was saying that the big companies will work "in hand" with the NHS to improve and develop new better drugs and other systems of dealing with illness much more faster than at the moment, I didn't get all of it but it came across as he wants us to be the cutting edge of medical development the kick back is we get new treatments tested on us, however it's put forward I just keep thinking were going to be lab rats. 1984 is here I fear.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    One step nearer to private treatment.. :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    i do not mind them having my history but not my details they could then get passes on to insurance companys and we have enough troubles with them trying to get out of the insurance you have paid for val
    val
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    It's supposed to be anonymous but we'll see.

We will, for sure. I am sure it is a grand scheme to move patients through the system faster, making it even less personal than it is already. Numbers, bench marks, bums on seats. If you want the personal touch, then private health care will be the option.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    I doubt if the NHS will survive without private money injecting capital into life saving research, well they either learn what kills and maims us or develop medicines to cure us later on, bit of an irony really?

Against this, I do not trust any politician, public servant or private concern to keep our personal details private, it is just incompatible with what they want to achieve.

Once our data is lost to the wider world it will be used and it won't be for our benefit. It cannot be reclaimed.

I note the Cancer UK research out today, our lives are in our hands to a large extent, exercise, diet, smoking and living styles can to a degree influence lifetime health. Perhaps the government should promote gymnasiums and vegetable gardens rather than political dogma and wars?
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    In our area Airwave overweight people can get fre 12 weeks at weight*atchers and those with mental health issues free gym membership

Love

toni xx