Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    valval wrote:
    four bird roast do not have to decide lol

Are you constructing said roast or buying?

buying well it sat in freezer
    val
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Beef and chicken every christmas day except once.

The kids will always remember, when they were young, I decided one christmas I was not going to slave away in the kitchen, christmas eve and christmas day with the usual, no help, x;) so we all had pizza, and it was great. I had a super lazy day. x:-D

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    same as valval, 3 bird roast.
  • valval
    Options
    always cook a gamon joint christmas eve for sandwiches if needed val
    val
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    I posted on here and it's got lost, this keeps happening to me am I being monitored by GCHQ do ya think??.
    Anyway I and my daughter will be having fillet steak and I'm cooking it, we always go to my sisters and last year I brought the 18lb carcase home to break down and make a big casserole out of it the scraps would go to the dogs, anyway my mother cooked it and the admission of me having steak has meaning, my dear old mum tends not to cook things to well sometimes, anyway I got the bird home and started taking the meat off of it and low and behold the dammed thing was uncooked just below the surface, and to make matters worse the plastic bag of giblets part cooked in it!. So it's Fillet for me and Hannah and Mandy is having Salmon as usual!.
  • valval
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    I posted on here and it's got lost, this keeps happening to me am I being monitored by GCHQ do ya think??.
    Anyway I and my daughter will be having fillet steak and I'm cooking it, we always go to my sisters and last year I brought the 18lb carcase home to break down and make a big casserole out of it the scraps would go to the dogs, anyway my mother cooked it and the admission of me having steak has meaning, my dear old mum tends not to cook things to well sometimes, anyway I got the bird home and started taking the meat off of it and low and behold the dammed thing was uncooked just below the surface, and to make matters worse the plastic bag of giblets part cooked in it!. So it's Fillet for me and Hannah and Mandy is having Salmon as usual!.

sounds a plan nothing worse than under cooked turkey val
    val
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Nah, tradition is called for here otherwise I don't get me turkey sandwiches in the evening, which I absolutely adore! Turkey sandwiches with a smattering of smoked gammon shavings, a pinch of salt to taste, oh heaven! A wisp of lettuce an occasional ring of raw onion and heaven is complete, oh and a cuppa yorkshire to wash them down.
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    Everyone comes to mine for Christmas lunch, so as a Christmas present my Mother in law orders all the food turkey crown, salmon mousse, champagne panacotta etc from M&S and we pick it up Christmas eve, (She gets a great discount as she works at M&S and has done for 39 years)
    As I'm so poorly this year, everyone is helping out so I won't be a frazzled wreck for once x:lol:
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Chicken breasts wrapped in cheese and bacon en croute ( home made ) served with all the usual , parsnips , roast , brussels , carrots etc . Jillyb
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    My family are all coming to me, so I will be doing all the cooking. They offer to help but I get on much better on my own in the kitchen ( too many cooks etc.! ) I will cook, but they can do all the clearing up afterwards while I put my feet up.

We will be having the traditional turkey, but I have to cook a chicken too as the kids don't like turkey. One thing they insist on is Mum's Yorkshire pudding, which isn't a usual thing with Christmas dinner, but they think no meal is complete without it. x:-P
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    My family are all coming to me, so I will be doing all the cooking. They offer to help but I get on much better on my own in the kitchen ( too many cooks etc.! ) I will cook, but they can do all the clearing up afterwards while I put my feet up.

We will be having the traditional turkey, but I have to cook a chicken too as the kids don't like turkey. One thing they insist on is Mum's Yorkshire pudding, which isn't a usual thing with Christmas dinner, but they think no meal is complete without it. x:-P
    thought it was only our lot that have them with christmas dinner
    val
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    It will be the usual turkey with all the trimmings.We now buy a turkey crown so we're not eating turkey in different guises for the next month (a turkey is for Christmas not for life!).
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    How's this for posh A friend in the next village has been fattening a turkey for us Will get it Christmas eve Hope it fits the oven
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    People come in two types, sprout lovers and sprout haters, I'll happily eat all the ones you leave.

The question is to sprout or not to spout, is it nobler to eat the greens and veg or suffer the mother-in-laws outrage all xmas day? x8-)

Its a grin, honest!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    We have to turkey as any other choice does not sit well with the respective mothers. Christmas round ours is miserable enough without giving them further ammo to fire at us. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    Options
    tonesp wrote:
    How's this for posh A friend in the next village has been fattening a turkey for us Will get it Christmas eve Hope it fits the oven

does it come running around because here it still would be in the new year and bacon buttys would be christmas dinner bit of a wuss bet it tastes lovely val
    val